meg conversion

RS tuning do a loom too.

SC autos ain't best by all accounts when comes to these conversions

Hearsay, hidden agenda's and the usual things that in life you can't predict when you doing conversions. Try taking your car to the multi billion pounds Renault and see whether they always get it right or on time.

Sc Autos, the first 250 conversion 340 ft lb, 2 years on and I use it daily. It's fine. Order it early as he's busy and there can be delays

Last edited:
can I just ask you guys not to discuss the SC autos issue here..I believe it has been discussed many times before..
this is Stubonez's thread about his conversion..he will make all his decisions..

many thanks
Pav

It's all good, the chap doing my conversion is going to do the loom for me. Most likely be copying you there and welding the standard IC to the crash bar.. Unless I really change my mind and buy a Forge one. Just don't think it's necessary. Especially at £500

Welded IC into crash bar. I wouldn't use standard IC and better future proofing it if your going to go to that bother.

can I just ask you guys not to discuss the SC autos issue here..I believe it has been discussed many times before..
this is Stubonez's thread about his conversion..he will make all his decisions..

many thanks
Pav

thought forums were about informed choice?

Usually find forums like covering for companies. Same in ford world too.

I know one lad who's had issues with his and ended up having new ECU and loom...

if was me I'd be getting rs tuning to do the loom, sort the ECU out and map it. Then just find a trusty mechanic to do the engine swap. Don't think anything complicated in putting engine in really.

Last edited:
The guy doing my work said the loom is stupidly easy so he's doing that part. Rs tuning will be doing ecu and remap. I really don't see the problem with the standard IC... i think it'll cope fine?

The guy doing my work said the loom is stupidly easy so he's doing that part. Rs tuning will be doing ecu and remap. I really don't see the problem with the standard IC... i think it'll cope fine?

id put a uprated cooler on! Especially if going go on track too! Have remember lost less space in Clio bay so I'd said whole lot Probley run hotter.

Can't get a airtec one too fit??

Bloody hell, are people still using that cowboy :lol:

I wouldn't bother getting talked into the big pipe kit if he offers it. It's unnecessary. (i found out the hard way). RS tuning run like 400bhp off standard pipework. Defo get the FMIC though.

Either Airtec or forge... I'm guessing there's a way of making it fit? Rs tuning tell me they run a Clio with a forge intercooler

Also got Rs tuning telling me I need bigger injectors.. Would you agree?
K tec on the other said run standard injectors and standard intercooler and get it up and running and see if it's really needed. They've apparently done 2 conversions with standard intercooler with no problems

K tec on the other said run standard injectors and standard intercooler and get it up and running and see if it's really needed. They've apparently done 2 conversions with standard intercooler with no problems

From what I've read up on, standard injectors are good for around 270-280ish bhp. I'm going down the standard injectors and mishimoto intercooler route at first. No way I'm paying £500 for an intercooler if I don't have to. If I need to upgrade injectors then it's only £180 for a set of 630cc ones.

Sensible thinking from K-Tec me thinks. Get it running first (find any issues first) then start making it faster (though 240bhp in a Clio is enough imo).

K-Tec'a first Meg'd 197 is still going strong up here in Scotland. Is regularly getting trashed around Knockhill.

Know quite few Meg lads have started running bigger injectors. Just save's maxing out the standard injectors I guess. There be a reason why RS tuning advice it.

Edit ---- just spoke to one of them----
-

"Pretty much standard injectors are in 100% duty cycle at 270bhp mate"

so yeh if up at 260/270 wise move to change them :wink:

Last edited:
Last edited: