MarcB's LY Clio 197 F1 R27

Crazy transformation. The engine bay especially.

Not a fan of the 200 bits but it's your car. The rest though, it's stunning work. Well done.

So as a few people might be aware there has been a long on going issue with my tail gate and the rust that was under the wiper and window edge.

I spoke to Renault UK 7 months ago and it was only last weekend (30th Sept) that I managed to collect my car after months of messing about and the tailgate for a Mk3 going on back order from Renault France.

Well here is the outcome of a spanking new painted tailgate that is a stunning match for it being LY.

srt2VIV.jpg
xBG1uHE.jpg
IeUcMKU.png
05FINXr.jpg
Oq9BvV6.png

FIXED !!!

OxpAnE1.jpg
rzGJf62.jpg
NhIZRaC.jpg
IARvfwN.jpg
b81Kgl7.jpg

Now as everything was nice on the rear the FIA sticker was really letting it down so went and bought a genuine OE Renault one from the dealers and got that fixed and stuck on.

yBBrWsm.jpg
zogzXmN.jpg
zJvI64q.jpg
5ofrfMI.jpg
40lUhtD.jpg
8plnXYR.jpg

Reactions: cpaterson76
Looking good mate. Best seats on the forum without doubt!

Thanks mate, Im looking at getting the rears done and the door cards also sorted in the alcantarra.

Im unsure if I should get renault sport in the rear headrests or not.

So I can now fully confirm that I have all the following parts for the suspension refresh.

Two front Hubs & Hub Carriers fully vapour blasted and refurbished x 2
New Front Wheel Bearing x 2 (Genuine SNR Bearings)
New Lower Ball Joint x 2 (OCAP Made For Renault)
New Upper Ball Joint x 2 (OCAP Made For Renault)
New bottom Arms x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Anti Rotation Links x 2 (Firstline)
New Anti Roll Bar Links x 2 (Firstline HD)
New Cup Shocks x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Cup Springs x 4 (Genuine Renault)
New Top Mounts x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New To Mount Bearings x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Clutch Kit & Slave Cylinder (Genuine Renault)
Nuts & Bolts (Over £100 from Renault)
New Rear Discs x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Rear Pads x 1 (Genuine Renault)

Last edited:
Reactions: tombate911
This is insane, fair play Marc. That LY paint matching is top notch, especially for such a well documented hard to match colour! I really need to get cracking on mine...feel like I'm letting the team down!

...feel like I'm letting the team down!

Has been mentioned in the Mods / Admins section....... :smile:

:blackdiamond:

***AMAZING suspension / joints / mounts / brakes list going on there though Marc.

Don't know about as good as new. Every chance of BETTER than new i'd say.

When's it all going on ?

Reactions: Benno
Another thumbs up to SWR they helped me out with my 182 recently. These guys genuinely what to help you.

Another Small Update On The Car.

I found the holy grail and a set of Clio 200 Cup clocks, got them fitted and sorted.

Only issue is that the 197 has C/C and Speedlimiter which the 200 Cup does not so it does not show on the dash but my garage are going to plug in the Can Clip and see if they can configure it to work. Either way I dont use C/C or Speed limiter so its no odds.

6tuoyXa.jpg

VuBG4VQ.jpg

iVbU4cw.jpg