manifold removal.

arp bolts were used on the clio cup racers as they are at sustained high revs a long time and of course the occasional over-rev :001_huh:

said this elsewhere, but I'll repeat myself. if a flat-spot becomes obvious after a mod like this, then it's fairly logical that there's a performance advantage. The "flat" non-responsive part of the rev range is seeing increased efficiency, so needs more fuel (in this case) to produce the power potentially available. fuel and air requirements are directly power linked, more power uses more fuel. If you need more fuel, you're making more power

Noticed the car running lean after the 64mm TB too.

LTFT is 7.6% now. It was 14.1% right after fitting the TB.

it seems that every clio is so different but on mine the pre cat removal gave me huge gains mid range with regards to a car where gains are generally minimal,(14ftlb at at one point just over 4000rpm and 1.5bhp peak power),i also have no flat spot what so ever now but cold starts are slightly back,no where near as bad as a standard car though,for 30 secs on a morning the car just feels a bit stop starty,no kangarooing,i also must mention on mine anyway,peak power is now at 7600rpm which is 200rpm higher than before,the pops and cracks though are awesome,every gear without fail,slightly childish i know but who cares!!!

14ftlb is impressive on an engine that is not torquey at all. My rev limit is 7700 as Ktec said no higher without arp rod bolts and no more than 8k with out forged internals. It was at 7800 on my previous map and I loved it! I think with cams tdf take it to 7800 though? Well last time I looked at their website.

I am looking forward to having this done and hope its worth it!

TDF wouldn't raise mine one rpm over 7500 without ARPs, a safe bunch indeed!

RS tuning did mine too.....

I'll still say, the big difference between most cars is whether they have the gains to give. I will not see 14ftlb of torque doing mine. I've not got that to give, that would put me close to 190ftlb which I'd only see from ITB. I'm not saying that I have the monopoly of knowledge, just realistic about the sort of gains I expect from my engine.

For me (maybe not others) Its not just about increases, its to what degree v costs. Also does it affect the driver'bility. Rare with any mod is a win' win'. Yes there were gains maybe but 1.5bhp. There is not a person on here that could tell the difference in that amount in their car. Sometimes its too easy to quote figures. I must say 14ftlb is decent but like I said, would you see that if you coming from a higher bhp? I'm sure there are many more qualified to answer that than me on here....

Last edited:
I agree with what has been previously said, if you have a strong engine to start with you'll get less gains from mods. This is why i personally think ktecs 220bhp 402 cam conversion is fishy, but lets not open that can of worms back up!

14ftlb of torque made was only at one point and not right across the graph guys,just wanted to make that clearer,can repost graph if anyone wants to see it

I didn't think it was the whole way don't worry :smile: put still a nice bunch of torque at one point. Id like to see the graph again although I could just look through your project thread.

theres still a safe limit for the engines over maximum rpm - its not like they will explode 1rpm over 7500rpm...

arp bolts were for the racers that were sat at maximum revs lap after lap!