Toyosport Manifold - cat removal?

Hey guys. So I may be faced with having to replace my original manifold and I have been looking at the toyosport alternative together with some powerflex mounts.
The existing cat is part of the manifold and therefore shall be removed when/if fitting the toyosport alternative.
Will the car still pass an MOT with this cat removed? Will the car require a remap to run properly?

Likewise, mine passed with the toyosport manifold too:

Results:

Fast Idle Test
ResultMinMax
CO0.01-0.2
HC (ppm)88-200
Lambda1.0190.971.03

So well within the limits :smile:

If it fails, then there is something wrong elsewhere.

Mine failed initially on the Lambda result because there was a crack in the Exhaust mid section. Simple weld solved that problem

Last edited:
In response to your other question, no the car will not need remapping. I got mine dyno'd after fitting to check the fueling and it was fine. You could get it mapped to make the most of the pre-cat removal but it isn't necessary.

thanks for the responses guys. helped me out a lot and put my mind at ease about fitting the toyosport should the existing manifold be beyond repair and not covered under warranty (not looking likely from what I have read).
i may be looking to invest in a milltek exhaust system in the not too distance so will most likely get the car mapped after that. mine has a massive flatspot at the moment so will hopefully get that addressed as part of the map :tongueout:roud:

so i have now ordered a toyosport manifold, upper and lower powerflex mounts and two new stabliser links... should hopefully be getting them fitted next week :smile: then the difficult job of trying to recoup some of the money from the dealer who i bought it from!!!

Likewise, mine passed with the toyosport manifold too:

Results:

Fast Idle Test
ResultMinMax
CO0.01-0.2
HC (ppm)88-200
Lambda1.0190.971.03

So well within the limits :smile:

If it fails, then there is something wrong elsewhere.

Mine failed initially on the Lambda result because there was a crack in the Exhaust mid section. Simple weld solved that problem
Is this with a Decat exhaust or do you still have the second cat in place? I'm curious about the manifold but don't want to fork out £££ on a sports cat.

Which powerflex mounts do I need for my manifold not to knock? I'm unsure
It is the upper and lower torque links. Both of which are about £25.
I tried getting away with just the upper link but it still knocked quite badly, I put the lower one in last night and the knock has gone completely. The throttle response is so much better now, once the mounts have settled there is very little vibration from them.

Reactions: Jay_197RS
It is the upper and lower torque links. Both of which are about £25.
I tried getting away with just the upper link but it still knocked quite badly, I put the lower one in last night and the knock has gone completely. The throttle response is so much better now, once the mounts have settled there is very little vibration from them.

this is good to hear. mine is currently with a mechanic having the manifold changed and the upper and lower engine bushes fitted. also getting the torque arm bush fitted as well :smile:

so i collected my clio this morning after having the manifold, stabiliser links and powerflex bushes fitted. The engine feels and responds positively different... feels more eager to go and less stutter when putting you foot to the floor, even in a higher gear.
my car suffered from a flat spot before between 2200 - 2800 revs but this seems to have changed. it kicks in around 2000/2100 revs but quickly disappears which is a big bonus :smile: quite an increase in vibration at idle and through the accelerator pedal when cruising at high speeds - this doesnt bother me...yet.
the knocking on the suspension is still there - been told now it needs new inner tie rods. but that can wait for a bit.

now time to save up for a new exhaust :smile:

Is this with a Decat exhaust or do you still have the second cat in place? I'm curious about the manifold but don't want to fork out £££ on a sports cat.

The second cat (Main cat) is in place; you need it to have a cat on when you get it MOT'd. Unless its a friendly MOT lol