Manifold fitting cost

LiamRS197

Paid Member
Hey guys, just a quick question, I have recently purchased a Toyosport manifold which needs fitting, I know that a couple of people on here have had their manifold replaced at some point and was wondering what sort of cost was involved in doing so. IMO it's always nice to know an average figure of what the work should cost before getting potentially ripped off, any help would be appreciated as always guys, many thanks :smile:

Hey guys, just a quick question, I have recently purchased a Toyosport manifold which needs fitting, I know that a couple of people on here have had their manifold replaced at some point and was wondering what sort of cost was involved in doing so. IMO it's always nice to know an average figure of what the work should cost before getting potentially ripped off, any help would be appreciated as always guys, many thanks :smile:

Done mine myself, but it should cost around 200-300 quid.

Think I paid about £300 for mine.

its a lot of faffing as they have to drop the subframe

Done mine myself, but it should cost around 200-300 quid.

How did you fine doing the job yourself? Any great difficulty or not.

Think I paid about £300 for mine.

its a lot of faffing as they have to drop the subframe

Thanks Chris, was expecting somewhere close to that figure. Preferably a garage who knows how to drop the sub frame easily on these cars would be ideal!

How did you fine doing the job yourself? Any great difficulty or not.

Thanks Chris, was expecting somewhere close to that figure. Preferably a garage who knows how to drop the sub frame easily on these cars would be ideal!

Only difficulty was dropping the sub frame to manoeuvre the manifold in and out, If your brave enough do it haha, be prepared for a lot of swearing and cuts :smile:

Only difficulty was dropping the sub frame to manoeuvre the manifold in and out, If your brave enough do it haha, be prepared for a lot of swearing and cuts :smile:

Haha it's not a proper job unless swearing and cuts are involved :smile: In all fairness I wouldn't even like to begin to imagine how to tackle dropping the sub frame :001_unsure:

Hi [MENTION=51371]LiamRS197[/MENTION] we charge here [MENTION=52807]AmDTuning[/MENTION] £240+ VAT this includes 4 Wheel alignement after on our Hunter wheel alignment machine as the subframe is lowered, We also recommend replacing and stock Powerflex lower engine mount and the upper torque arm insert at an additional cost

Hope this helps

Nick

Hi @LiamRS197 we charge here @AmDTuning £240+ VAT this includes 4 Wheel alignement after on our Hunter wheel alignment machine as the subframe is lowered, We also recommend replacing and stock Powerflex lower engine mount and the upper torque arm insert at an additional cost

Hope this helps

Nick

Thanks for the contact Nick, that's a good deal to be honest, shame I am not local to yourselves :worried:

I paid £150

Yeah don't think I will find anywhere offering it for that price unfortunately :lol:

If you want anything doing to your car for unbeatable price you want to use BeanieSport in Milton Keynes. He owns many French cars that he races and does his job more for passion than money.

I have been fortunate enough to be quoted a days labour with a local mechanic - in the region of £120 - £150. Including fitting the mounts AMD tuning refer to.
Hoping to pick it up on Saturday all being well :smile:

If you want anything doing to your car for unbeatable price you want to use BeanieSport in Milton Keynes. He owns many French cars that he races and does his job more for passion than money.

That's what you want that is :smile: based in Staffordshire though that's the problem.

I have been fortunate enough to be quoted a days labour with a local mechanic - in the region of £120 - £150. Including fitting the mounts AMD tuning refer to.
Hoping to pick it up on Saturday all being well :smile:

Bloody hell where's this at? [MENTION=52800]millsey2010[/MENTION] I'm pretty local to Stoke!

Last edited:
It's a guy based in gnosal, south staffs.
I am due to collect it tomorrow/Sunday so will let you know what the bill is.
If he does a good job then I shall put you in contact if you like?

so i collected my clio this morning after having the manifold, stabiliser links and powerflex bushes fitted. The engine feels and responds positively different... feels more eager to go and less stutter when putting you foot to the floor, even in a higher gear.
my car suffered from a flat spot before between 2200 - 2800 revs but this seems to have changed. it kicks in around 2000/2100 revs but quickly disappears which is a big bonus :smile: quite an increase in vibration at idle and through the accelerator pedal when cruising at high speeds - this doesnt bother me...yet.
the knocking on the suspension is still there - been told now it needs new inner tie rods. but that can wait for a bit.

had the above works done by a guy named Mark based in Gnosal. He is a mechanic and has his own garage. He carried out the above works for £150 all inc (obviously i bought the parts) but it took him just over a day to sort it out. I would highly recommend him. top bloke. [MENTION=51371]LiamRS197[/MENTION] - would you like his number?

so i collected my clio this morning after having the manifold, stabiliser links and powerflex bushes fitted. The engine feels and responds positively different... feels more eager to go and less stutter when putting you foot to the floor, even in a higher gear.
my car suffered from a flat spot before between 2200 - 2800 revs but this seems to have changed. it kicks in around 2000/2100 revs but quickly disappears which is a big bonus :smile: quite an increase in vibration at idle and through the accelerator pedal when cruising at high speeds - this doesnt bother me...yet.
the knocking on the suspension is still there - been told now it needs new inner tie rods. but that can wait for a bit.

had the above works done by a guy named Mark based in Gnosal. He is a mechanic and has his own garage. He carried out the above works for £150 all inc (obviously i bought the parts) but it took him just over a day to sort it out. I would highly recommend him. top bloke. @LiamRS197 - would you like his number?

Well that is a little unexpected I have to say, from what I could gather fitting an aftermarket manifold only exaggerated the flat spot and made it worst, but if it's made it better then that's brilliant :thumbup: I've purchased both the powerflex bushes aswell to prevent knocking of the manifold against the subframe.

I'm currently in talks with a garage in Warrington who have quoted me £140 all in, so I will wait and see. Should I need Mark's number though [MENTION=52800]millsey2010[/MENTION] I will definitely let you know :smile:

the flat spot was pretty bad before but it feels as though it has almost gone :w00t:
the car sounds a lot better too, deeper note to the exhaust and the bushes make the car drive much better. Defo worth the upgrade imo.
pm if you need his number if it doesnt work out with the garage in warrington