Manifold advice

Hi guys manifolds on its way out so looking for a new one , got my eye on a toyosport but open to other suggestions.
also any other work needed to be carried out apart from a remap due to the lack of a cat in the toyosport ? Eg engine mounts.
cheers in advance for any advice

Hi guys manifolds on its way out so looking for a new one , got my eye on a toyosport but open to other suggestions.
also any other work needed to be carried out apart from a remap due to the lack of a cat in the toyosport ? Eg engine mounts.
cheers in advance for any advice
The same happend to me so i orderd the toyo sport manifold and fitted it but no matter what i did i cant stop it from rattling on the subframe i bought powerflex engine mounts but still the same so now im going to replace the flexis in my orginal mannifold and refit and without a remap the car just feels sluggish and a massive flat spot i would say just get your manni fixed and save yourself the headace

Ktec one is supposed to be a decent bit of a kit, albeit more expensive than the toyosport one.

The toyosport appears to be a bit of luck whether it knocks or not, then again additional bit of luck whether you can get it to stop knocking if it does (i.e. bending/grinding subframe, lower engine mount etc)

Ktec one is supposed to be a decent bit of a kit, albeit more expensive than the toyosport one.

The toyosport appears to be a bit of luck whether it knocks or not, then again additional bit of luck whether you can get it to stop knocking if it does (i.e. bending/grinding subframe, lower engine mount etc)

yeah seems to be , its weighing up whether to gamble on the toyo or pay well over a grand for the ktec , would you recommend swapping the lower engine mounts out while the sub frame is off ? , might have to anyway if i choose the toyo

I got the Toyo, got all 3 engine mounts and a inch square taken out of the subframe.

All is good!

I got the Toyo, got all 3 engine mounts and a inch square taken out of the subframe.

All is good!

Do you mind me asking what mounts you went for ? also did you remap after installing the mani , i have a map on already but the mapper says he can alter the map in an hour for me with the toyo on

yeah seems to be , its weighing up whether to gamble on the toyo or pay well over a grand for the ktec
its not over a grand..£598..know not a cheap thing to replace nonetheless..the toyo should be fine as long as you take a bit off your subframe and fit them powerflex bushes to stop it from rattling..

I meant including fitting/remap , Is it light and day in quality between the ktec and the toyo ? I dont mind splashing out if the ktec is the real deal

wont be able to answer this im afraid..in general people dont rate the toyo bad..may be a bit more fussing about when fitting though...

I have the toyosport and had the powerflex mounts done at the same time, it doesn't knock at all. And i didn't need a remap either, car feels exactly the same as before except with very slightly improved pick-up, but I think that's down to the engine mounts. If you're worried, just have new flexis welded into the standard cat and while it's off rip the innards out of the cat for the same effect as an aftermarket decat manifold.

the black series will be very very harsh for a daily driving i would have thought..but if you go for it i'd like to hear some feedback..

[MENTION=53382]Abrookes95[/MENTION] - I went for the yellow ones, vibration at first was bad but 2k miles later it's now settled. Still vibrates at idle but that's it, car definitely feels tighter though, well worth it.

Do you mind me asking what mounts you went for ? also did you remap after installing the mani , i have a map on already but the mapper says he can alter the map in an hour for me with the toyo on

Powerflex upper, lower & torque arm mounts mate, the yellow & purple ones. Can go for black series but they're stiffer again. I will get mine mapped eventually but haven't as of yet! :smile:

Powerflex upper, lower & torque arm mounts mate, the yellow & purple ones. Can go for black series but they're stiffer again. I will get mine mapped eventually but haven't as of yet! :smile:

Awesome thanks for the help lads you have steered me in the right direction , just managed to get a look at the damage in question there is a 5 pence sized hole in a flexi , car sounds like a helicopter and smells horrific , will let you all know how i get on with the toyo fitting and remap etc

cheers again

Just a quick share about knocking headers and giving them a small dent to clear...
[video=youtube;azPKIjxmmdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPKIjxmmdU[/video]

It's based on a V8, but it doesn't really matter...

Just a quick share about knocking headers and giving them a small dent to clear...
[video=youtube;azPKIjxmmdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPKIjxmmdU[/video]

It's based on a V8, but it doesn't really matter...

Ha I watched that the other day, I was pretty amazed!! I would like to see the same done to stock headers with OE primary sizes.

I'd say the results would be similar... from my understanding of the tests in the video, as long as you don't go "full retard" on the cross section reduction with the dents it's mostly up to the primary lengths to get the power and not that much with the cross section.

Regardless, doing that to a brand new set of headers wouldn't my first choice either...