New 197 owner and needing some help...manifold/flexi problem. Advice?

Hi there everyone. I was just wondering if anybody could help with, give advice on changing my manifold and what manifolds are good and the ones to stay away from? I've currently got a hole in the flexi and needing it repaired asap. Any prices, links would be appreciated :smile:

Popular choice is either Toyo Sports or K-Tec manifolds, Toyo Sports seem to have had some reports of fouling but its said that fitting the torque arm and lower engine mount powerflex inserts can cure this.

K-Tec is reported to be a great quality item but comes at much higher price than that of the Toyo Sports - but still moderately reasonable IMO.

Replacement flexi sections can be purchased and I believe Bosal supply them but I don't have a part number handy, this way you can have your current manifold repaired for relatively little cost so long as removal can be done yourself as its a not a simple job.

Either way you go, you should consider the powerflex inserts as it will help protect your new manifold or new flexi sections for the future.

EDIT: There is a couple of manifolds available in the For Sale section at the moment that may be worth your while taking a look at.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike much appreciated. Heard a lot of mixed reviews on the Toyo but when looking for a cost effective solution it could be an option. Obviously like you said as well I'd replace the powerflex inserts. Do they have an official site or is it just an eBay job for the Toyo?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Craig. I believe [MENTION=54245]sevenfourate[/MENTION] bought some of the Bosal flexis recently, so he may have details of where to get them from.

The powerflex inserts are widely available on ebay - roughly £20 per set.

Thanks jimmy. Thanks for the info, I'll give him a wee message see if he can point me in the right direction :smile:. Had a look last night at the bosal flexi but couldn't find a price?

[MENTION=54245]sevenfourate[/MENTION]
[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION]

Thanks very much for the info much appreciated. Definitely going to look into that I think. Was interested in the Toyo manifold aswell but can't find the site? Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
[MENTION=54245]sevenfourate[/MENTION] [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION]

Thanks very much guys very helpful info and a very fast response. Greatly appreciated. Hope to get it fixed asap now :smile:. Keep you all posted..

My toyosports mani is getting fitted on Wednesday along with the powerflex bushes. Will post a video after if you'd like to hear it?

Last edited:
[MENTION=54072]chongwong[/MENTION]

That's would be brilliant if you could mate. Be appreciated :smile:. If you don't. Mind me asking how much is it costing all in for the manifold, powerflex bushes and labour?

@chongwong

That's would be brilliant if you could mate. Be appreciated :smile:. If you don't. Mind me asking how much is it costing all in for the manifold, powerflex bushes and labour?

I paid £140 for mani, £70 for 3 x Powerflex's and approx £250 for mani fitting along with the bushes = £460.

He wouldn't budge much on price for me, I got the mani for £170, and £50 for 2x bushes ((I went for the lower engine mount bushing, and the upper torque mount inserts) I think) one of the bushings has been reported to cause large vibrations so I didn't go for it. I'll report back with my labour quote, as I really can't remember. I'm in Aberdeen so labour will be gold plated.

Last edited:
He wouldn't budge much on price for me, I got the mani for £170, and £50 for 2x bushes ((I went for the lower engine mount bushing, and the upper torque mount inserts) I think) one of the bushings has been reported to cause large vibrations so I didn't go for it. I'll report back with my labour quote, as I really can't remember. I'm in Aberdeen so labour will be gold plated.

I also had these two bushes fitted - plus the gearbox mount too. 500 (?) miles in, and they've settled in nicely. No real serious vibration now.

Engine movement now is absolutely minimal. I had the garage relieve a bit from the subframe when mani was fitted to be sure it cleared. They said there was a fair bit of clearance after fitting and ive had no knocking issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions