Mallory Park Track Day

Went for an impromptu track day with my Bro-in-law on satuday at Mallory. I say impromptu because he decided on the ferry over from ireland and before you know it we had it booked :smiley:.

Had a great day, its only my second track day and so I was a little nervous. Luckily the Bro-in-law used to be a track day instructor in his spare time so he was a pretty handy passenger :wink:.

Heres some pics of the day I was in the clio and him in his R32. Some serious looking cars there but I have to say I was impressed with how well the clio coped with a fairly average driver at the wheel against some stuff there :smile:

Heres the pics, click on any of them to get to my Flickr page for more :smile:

5676798324_6cf76f7bc7.png
IMG_3043 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

5676792984_68135d8e13.png
IMG_3041 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

5676788772_f389357ae3.png
IMG_3034 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

5676773294_47e06cab74.png
IMG_3007 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

Hankook V12 Evo's held up VERY well, more than impressed with these tyres for what they are!
5676217291_77b942890d.png
Hot track + Gerrards + Road Tyres! by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

No roy actually non. We had some in the R32, completely sideways on cold tyres which was both hillarious and scary in equal measures. But luckily I wasn't the driver and the bro-in-law collected it pretty nicely (the show off git :smiley: ) but the Clio was well behaved all day! Nothing but grip and confidence I was very happy :smile:.

One poor guys Porsche set on fire after the first couple of hours, and I saw one of the race cars go home with what looked to be a broken track rod (he seemed a little off-pace though so I'm guessing they'd had issues all morning)

Cheers noddie

Yeah mate completely standard, the only things I've changed have been visual. TBH its such a good car 'out the box' :smile:

Yes your not wrong! I absolutely agree!

But after my first clio being modified and lowered, then the two lowered saxos with other mods as such............you know the story!

Its a bug and i like many others have got it.....bad

Yes your not wrong! I absolutely agree!

But after my first clio being modified and lowered, then the two lowered saxos with other mods as such............you know the story!

Its a bug and i like many others have got it.....bad

Saxo eh? All the best people had a VTR/S :wink::wink:

Pics look awesome dude! :thumbup1:

I know what you mean Dan. But I love the clio as it is and the GF uses it as a daily so it'll probs stay as is. It's in good nick and I wanna keep it that way.

@Mike. Cheers chief!

To be honest I'm getting very tempted with the idea of a track car. That way I get to play AND mod without worrying about the Monday commute....

P.s it might be a saxo lol!

I had conti's on for my last track day but it was raining so its hard to compare the two directly. The conti's are a great tyre but at almost 80% more than the hankooks for me its an easy choice.