Love this pic mate!

It the same place from your profile picture?

Thanks Dale. Yeah it is, it's an abandoned village - it used to be for the staff of the local borstal (juvenile prison). A few houses, the church, a hall etc. Quite eerie really. I got a few photos there when I first got the car.

Reactions: Dystant
Thanks Dale. Yeah it is, it's an abandoned village - it used to be for the staff of the local borstal (juvenile prison). A few houses, the church, a hall etc. Quite eerie really. I got a few photos there when I first got the car.

Could we go there for some pictures on a dales run?

Could we go there for some pictures on a dales run?

I think they've demolished it all now unfortunately dude :worried: they started building new houses all round there. It was a little out of the way too, but it would have been an awesome site for some group shots...

I think they've demolished it all now unfortunately dude :worried: they started building new houses all round there. It was a little out of the way too, but it would have been an awesome site for some group shots...

Ah well :worried:

I'll ask at work - the lad that goes down there might know whether it has actually been knocked down or not. It's probably unlikely it's still there, they were a waste of space really and it was only a matter of time before they got rid. Had to sneak in too from what I remember.

I am sorry guys that I haven't got around to posting anything recently - From changes in work and my daily Peugeot chewing it's clutch like it's gum and making terrifying sounds from the Gearbox.. I've had little to no time at all.

I will definitely get pictures up this week! Keep them coming, show us more, share it where appropriate. :smile:

Dundee needs to get some better weather then will definitely try n get something up too...when not stuck at work all day/night

P1030663_zpsavyxir2e.jpg

5 yards from the sea at Ness point and 'Gulliver' (Google image that if you like !). The most easterly point of land in the UK......

Went to Lowestoft whenI was doing the 4 corners of mainland Britain by motorbike a good many years ago. We were a little unsure of the exact most easterly point & thought there was a Birds Eye factory there. Were we far out? That trip was a disaster. We did Lands End & Lizard Point then headed up to John O' Groats & Dunnet Head. Then we went to Ardnamurchan Point (most westerly) & then took a small detour to the north of Ireland. My bike suffered a major breakdown in Donegal (gearbox) & was recovered home by the AA who managed to dent the tank & transport the bike underneath a Golf that was leaking sump oil all over it! They did pay for repair though. We headed back home 2 up on my mate's bike having sent half our luggage home by courier. We then went & completed the 4 corners a few weeks later. Happy days.

Bloody awesome Si!
Thanks Chris. I had to pop out for some frozen peas this evening as the supermarkets were closed and happened to park outside these shops in a little village near me. When I got back to the car I realised how weird the lighting was so took a few shots on my mobile :smile:

Thanks Chris. I had to pop out for some frozen peas this evening as the supermarkets were closed and happened to park outside these shops in a little village near me. When I got back to the car I realised how weird the lighting was so took a few shots on my mobile :smile:

Lol - frozen peas are a must needed necessity :smiley:

Needs some 200.net stickers :smile:

Reactions: Gordini