Maidens1979 Clio 200 - clubsport build

Just had a moment. After watching this video
I went out to have a go at the fix as I have a knock when turning the steering wheel. Issue fixed so while I had it all apart
I though I'd go over any nuts and bolts around the column to make sure everything was tight. Found a fair few that needed a little tighten,
then put everything back together.
Went to start the car and nothing but the tick, tick noise and turn steering wheel message and no steering lock.
After a fair bit of messing about I went on google and searched up the steering column lock system and what's it say?

• Remove the electric steering column lock mounting bolt (8) by turning it clockwise.

WARNING

The electric steering column lock mounting bolt has a left-hand thread, it is unscrewed in the opposite direction.

And what had I done, turned it clockwise but what was weird is that when doing this it actually tightened.
Anyway turned it anti-clockwise and tightened it up and the car started up straight away :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197
Went to Croft on Saturday. First track day since fitting the coilovers, had two Croft days cancelled and one Donnington that got called of on the day to thick fog.

Anyway managed to get a full half day this time before the heavens opened. But while it was dry I got to play around with the camber and dampers and got the Clio to handle in a way I wanted it to. Maxing the negative camber out made the car really come alive, turn in was lovely and the rear had a nice gradual slide allowing the car to rotate nicely into the corner.

And as always I do my best to avoid the camera man but I’m pretty happy with this one.

IMG_4848.jpeg