Maidens1979 Clio 200 - clubsport build

Yeah I’ve been playing around with the ride height. I took a base measurement before I got them fitted and have set it up to be lower by 10mm all round. I’m trying to keep the characteristics of the cup chassis.
One thing I’m trying to find info on is the hard and soft settings that they have and how altering those can change the driving characteristics.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-14 at 13.14.45.jpeg

Bottom of the image is how mine was set up, there's a little more room for more camber in the top mounts but not much. This equates to just under (I believe) 2.25 degrees of camber. I believe mine is a little more now as I've lowered the front by another 10mm or so but the difference in camber will be negligible. However, the image shows that the YSR top mount can go around 3 degrees but you have to sacrifice the caster angle to get it.

Yeah I’ve been playing around with the ride height. I took a base measurement before I got them fitted and have set it up to be lower by 10mm all round. I’m trying to keep the characteristics of the cup chassis.
One thing I’m trying to find info on is the hard and soft settings that they have and how altering those can change the driving characteristics.
Generally speaking a stiffer rear end will promote more oversteer. The cars tend to have a slight understeer characteristic as standard. But a lot of variables involved trying to get it how you like it. Tyre pressures ride height damper settings etc….

Reactions: Maidens1979

I found with the damper stiffness, setting the rears harder than the front induced a little oversteer, turn in felt better but it's less stable in higher speed cornering. I quite like the tail end to be a little playful and you can really give it some abuse in corners, the stiffer rear end also means you can adjust the pitch of the car mid corner using the throttle. I love mine, for the price I don't think they can be beaten.

For road use you'll probably be fine with a few clicks from full soft to be honest!

When I went from cup suspension to coilovers I found that a 20mm drop at the front and back (still keeping some rake) was a good start. Not too low and not too high.

Reactions: Maidens1979
I think I need to get it on track again soon to really appreciate what they can do and how I can set them up for how I like it

Purchased a speed booster v3 for the Clio. One thing since buying the Clio is the lack of throttle response at the beginning of the pedal travel, I think this is also exaggerated because my daily is a civic fn2 type r and I love the throttle feel in that.
Anyway fitted the booster been out most of the day playing around with it and all I can say is I wish I’d bought one sooner

I've found that setting 3 works well on both sport and race if the modes are called that. However its off for driving in traffic or I kangaroo like a learner.....

Yeah I left it today at 3 race and 8 sport, didn’t have any more kangerooing issues than I normally do, if anything I was happier with the way it pulled away.

So it looks like 16mm h&r are the ones to get or it’ll have to be none hub centric if I want to go narrower.

*answer above* :smile:
I’m thinking of getting some wheel spacers but don’t want to go to wide. What are the narrowest spacers that are hub centric that I can get?

Last edited:
Just buy the 20's and be done with it.
We all use them (not that the picture is massively revealing.....)

B697DE9D-56ED-4103-88F5-6CBD51747705.jpeg

That came out quite nice and is surely very unique.

Did you thought about adding a Trophy sticker to the blade?