LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Bloody hell this is top notch work! It's a first time I see anything like this, not enough space for running long trumpets you say???:wink:

Is this in Italy then?

Awesome fella, is that the SC tornado or a different model?

EDIT: Just saw your write up.
Having any fancy features like the downblip? :wink:

Last edited:
Fantastic thread mate. Absolutely love what you're doing. Hats off to you for doing things properly. Will be well worth it in the long run and should perform better than the ones chasing big ponies. Excellent work.

Bloody hell this is top notch work! It's a first time I see anything like this, not enough space for running long trumpets you say???:wink:

Is this in Italy then?

Yep Italy, the Clio 3RS seems pretty big out there as they use them in the hill climbs and stuff. Italian (in fact any continental hill climbs) really put our 60-90sec climbs over here to shame!

Awesome fella, is that the SC tornado or a different model?

EDIT: Just saw your write up.
Having any fancy features like the downblip? :wink:

Yeah it's the new Delta 800 used for the Clio application. Basically more inputs, more processing power and more memory really.
I guess I could sort an auto blip, but nah not really bothered by it to be honest. Tempted to maybe ask about the launch but that's only to engage chav mode for running ignition cut and the savage pops it gives!! The last thing I want to do is dump a clutch on a TL4!!
By being the dev car and thus avoiding a raping on labour I opted to keep it all applicable for a stock p'n'p application - if I deviated and started adding in wired clutch switches etc I just feared they may have thought twice about doing it. By the time the fuel gauge was done talking about 3 weeks solid labour so of course key for them was to have a product at the end of it. As it was, the only thing I had to take on the chin was the best part of £500 for a hire car, frankly the Clio community owes me so I'll setup a paypal donation page :wink: lmao! In fact.....you know who does owe me, the bloody Renault tuning company that dropped a 197 off the week after mine!! Which pisses me off because as I say I had to stomach a hire car bill whilst the CAN was decoded and all the hard work was done... then along comes the tuner who dropped the car off and didn't need to worry about **** like a hire car!! I know which tuner it is, they have some questionable sales tactics based on what I've seen recently but the product(s) are at least good.

Fantastic thread mate. Absolutely love what you're doing. Hats off to you for doing things properly. Will be well worth it in the long run and should perform better than the ones chasing big ponies. Excellent work.

Cheers mate, yeah I'm pleased with how it's turning out. Can't deny I still feel 'robbed' by being under 220bhp, but the midrange and throttle response now with the new ECU is pretty mega. The shorter gears too of course help but it piles on speed so much quicker than stock so it's on the right path.

Got any vids of her rich?

I charged my cam up yesterday funnily, decided it was time. If it's not raining this weekend I'm sure I will get out there, just a bit tough as I'll need to sort something out which clearly doesn't incriminate myself!

Oh and if anyone wan't an ECU I've seen they have them on the webstore now:
http://twinkam.co.uk/epages/191f6b2...26-60bf-483c-b021-755a0c9099c1/Products/SC360

Very rash purchase on a set of 200 Recaro CS's today, pick up tomorrow! px'ing the 200 seats too, can't be faffed to store them and this cars not going anywhere for a long time until its paid for itself at least twice over! Tbh seats were the last thing I was planning to buy but sod it, 200 Recaro's in an LY just look :001_tt1:

To fund it though I've decided to sell my Recaro buckets :'( I've had them about 18months and I've not fitted them so chances are they are never going in. I can't take the risk of having them fitted when the kids use the car as entry and exit is almost impossible and in an accident would be dangerous - this fact won't ever change and hence the decision had to be made. This is a daily car first and foremost, if I wanted a 2 seat car it wouldn't be fwd! Might have to invest in the Madeno Racing lowered frames but will see what the height is like when they're fitted.

I'll drop a proper for sale add tomorrow when I've taken some proper pics etc. But for sale will be 2 x Recaro Apex, 2 x Recaro side mounts, 2 x Recaro sliders. All brand new, only assembled for trial fitting. on www.sportseats4u.co.uk that lot = £1588.80!! Also got a Sparco/Orcea drivers subframe again only used in a trial fit, which was £75.
IMAG0110-300x223.jpg

I'll have a think about what I want for them when I do the add, but feel free to make some offers in the meantime if you're interested :smile:

Great project, the issue I've always have with NA projects is the need to have a clear plan from the outset as any changes have significant impact on so many other issues. This inevitably means the car off the road for long periods. Engines constantly in then out. I love NA but as projects go, frustrating as hell. Not a FI v NA debate cause it's like comparing apples and pears, but for me it's simple a question of money. If it was money no option then NA would be it....

I've just bought some Recaro buckets myself to replace my CS ones! Could have done a good deal haha! I find the CS are way too high, feel like I'm sat on rather than in them. After doing a day at Spa I decided they just had to go.

Any idea who's doing the mapping when the time comes? Ray West is local to us and pretty handy with SC stuff.

I've just bought some Recaro buckets myself to replace my CS ones! Could have done a good deal haha! I find the CS are way too high, feel like I'm sat on rather than in them. After doing a day at Spa I decided they just had to go.

Any idea who's doing the mapping when the time comes? Ray West is local to us and pretty handy with SC stuff.

Send um back if they're not fitted, do you a good price :wink: !!

Yeah they are a bit high the CS's, but I'll buy a Madeno Racing frame for the drivers side which is I think 2" lower?? Should be perfect then (touch wood!)
For my buckets I tried Recaro adapters (too high), OMP (too low and no sideways offset to centre them) and lastly a Sparco (wrong bolt spacing for a 406mm Recaro pitch)........! So which ever option I went for it would have required further customising to make perfect for my standards! and then of course the whole rear seat saftey aspect meant frankly I needed to go CS route.

It's been mapped by SC, though I'm taking it to Ray over the next couple of weeks, just need to call and book. I want a bit more mapping on the top end but mostly the part throttle stuff. Although I actually think I might buy a new lambda and turn on closed-loop to take care of the part throttle trims. Best thing about a standalone is this **** is so easy compared to the black art of the OEM kit.

Managed 31mpg doing 250miles today, which isn't bad considering the gearing. My onboard trip registered 34mpg so I'll up the injector scaling % by 5 and test another tank. Should be able to get it spot on.

Cheers both, yep def pleased with them.
@Chris91 I don't like the Renault Sabelt item that much tbh, especially given it's blue it just wouldn't work in my car. The other thing is I've always found the wheel doesn't come quite close enough so I'm going for a dished wheel to hopefully fix that.
But sure to keep it "OEM'y", I def want a Sabelt wheel to stay inline with Renault's choice in the Racers! The one I linked comes in a 65mm or 90mm dish, I think I'll go for the 65mm dish and presume I can get a boss through RenaultSport too.

Yeh I know the blue on it wouldn't fit with yours, iirc there were a couple of yellow ones kicking about I've seen... Yeah I guess with it being dished would be an advantage. You could always get a company that makes them gel inserts for centre caps/over lays could possibly knock you up a renaultsport one to sit in the middle of that!

Yeah seen some re-trimmed RenaultSport Sabelt wheels just now and look much better/more appropriate for an LY - just not sure I want to buy a wheel to immediately re-trim mind :smile:

Good idea on the gel badge. Though after a bit of google image time I've found the one..............LOL!!

IMG_2682.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0