Lumpy rev range when warm & oil pressure fault

jimfacebinface

Paid Member
Hi everyone,

I've done as much searching through the forum as I can and I think it may be best if I just ask, as I know you guys are helpful!

So the problem first aroused during my girlfriends commute home. She came home and said the car was hesitant accelerating in 6th from 50mph in light traffic. Now, 6th @ 50mph for my car is around 2500rpm. Prime flat spot area. I wasn't convinced this was so as I've never had a problem or felt a flat spot since tying down the sensor on the inlet mani months ago.

Today though, was when we really saw a problem, through all the gears, from standing start and accelerating in traffic. The revs, soft and hard, are incredibly lumpy between 2 and 3800rpm. So much so that it was throwing us forward in our seats, as if like it was kangarooing. It wasn't just one dead spot though, it felt like the engine was struggling to pull and had multiple dead revs. Could the flat spot be back and if so is it likely to be back with vengeance (ie much worse)?! The car was recently serviced but this I'm afraid is questionable. It went to a "family friend" garage who I'm not convinced by.

Another issue I'm having lately is an error "Oil Pressure Fault" when cold. Seems fine when it warms up.

Is it worth taking it to someone who knows and having them check it out, have a drive of it and run diagnostics? Or does anyone have any ideas that could be done with some not-too-advanced DIY mechanics?

Cheers

James

Ohhhh. Oil pressure fault showing and just having the oil service done? :worried:

have you done the basics? Checked oil level visually? Not just looked on the dash. Checked everything's in proper, nothing left loose?

Could be other things: but with the 'fault' showing as that. It must be around that area.

I know that zip tie trick only works for a few hundred miles with some clios as the ecu re adjusts itself.

I'd be worrying about the oil pressure more though mate.

Jesus that guy is off his nut!

Yeah I've checked and double checked the levels and for leaks. Hmm.

I guess the pressure sender is a ball ache to get to on our cars? I think I'll go see the ex-ktec guy who built Aaron's F4RT over Poole way and maybe get him to have a drive.

Not sure I'd be wanting to drive the car with a potential Oil problem.

Have you checked the oil level?

call out a mobile mechanic? Better to do that and pay the little extra £ for them to come to you than risk killing the engine by driving it

Yeah dude, the level is fine.

A friend of mine at work is getting his mate who's a mobile mechanic to come over tomorrow. Hopefully we'll source it!