Lowering springs on a non cup pack 200?

No not yet. Got sent wrong springs for a start. Still also deciding whether to do it myself, or take it to either mark fish or motorbase

Hi, as a mechanic whith motor racing experience I will try to help you understand this a little better. To a certain degree you are correct about the lower springs being stiffer, as when they are manufactured they have to take into account the amount of travel available. So they have to be stiffer in order not to bottom out etc, however many other things need to be looked at i.e damper ratings for bump and rebound and also different anti-roll bars etc, these all affect the car in different ways. So to put it simply the shorter the spring the stiffer it must be as the rest of your suspension remains stock.

Hope this helps

Hi, as a mechanic whith motor racing experience I will try to help you understand this a little better. To a certain degree you are correct about the lower springs being stiffer, as when they are manufactured they have to take into account the amount of travel available. So they have to be stiffer in order not to bottom out etc, however many other things need to be looked at i.e damper ratings for bump and rebound and also different anti-roll bars etc, these all affect the car in different ways. So to put it simply the shorter the spring the stiffer it must be as the rest of your suspension remains stock.

Hope this helps

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. As you say there are many different ingredients to the suspension setup and altering one may create a positive effect or possibly not!!

Many thanks for your technical input.