lowering by Renault dealer

I couldn't undo that tie rod from the wishbone to the hub as it was rusted solid and would round the Allen head if I tried much harder. The dealers lowered the while sub frame out so didn't undo any ball joints

Yeah that tierod was a b'stard. It snapped one of my impact torx bits!!!!!!!!!!!!! but once it was cracked it was fine. And the rest just buzzed off in seconds. Took me longer to jack it up and get the wheels off than it did to swap the struts!.

did you just use an impact gun to get all the bolts out on the ball joints/tie rods?

i used the allen heads on the bolts and ring spanners which just rounded off the inside on the ARB tie rod which i had to destroy to get off to renew. i soaked them in plus gas for days too!

i was going to rattle them off but didnt want to use one on the ball joints.

sorted now though anyway....

Just used the impact gun to buzz them off then nip them back up on lowest setting then torque with the wrench.

Car is only 5 days old so no rust :wink:

yeah i thought so looking at the photos! wait 3 years and have a look at the bolts then! they dont like weather by the look of them! lol

pritchard - if you still need these fitted my mate is the renault technical expert at Cardiff Renault - fitted some springs to my R26 just before christmas - would happily fit them for you and does a spot on job - let me know