lowering by Renault dealer

just heard afew people say they were a little harsh for the cup shocks

the bloke at k-tech said the eibachs are well suited to the cup shocks and i didnt want to go to low. i wanted to keep the car as 'standard' as possible and these seem to make a nice difference without it looking modified.

dont get me wrong i think the H&R's do look great but the eibach's were more what i was after.

the guy at k-tec told my mises that she should buy the eibachs as they swaped them over on theyr car aparently but she came on here and saw sum good reviews on the h&rs and baught them, i dont want to ruin the way my clio is as its so lush and easy to drive but i want it lower

my thoughts exactly which is why i went for the eibachs and cup shocks.

the h&r's get good reviews but seem a lot lower. im not sure if theyre progressive either. i can honestly say the ride is spot on with these fitted. not sure if thats got something to do with the progressive spring rate or what.

theyre wound tighter and tighter (gap between coils gets smaller along the spring) to give the effect of a softer rate which stiffens up the more the spring is compressed. so in theory it should be good over bumps and still stiffer through the corners.

auhh right sounds like a god idea im in too minds about lowering it i love the way they look lowered in piks but in the metal might be different lol and i dont want to ruin it if it starts to clunk and knock lol

after i fited the new stuff it has stopped the knocks and bangs. if i had an R27 though i probably would not have modified it at all though

There was another ultra red Clio in my village earlier today and compared to mine it looked really high. You don't realise how much of a difference that 25mm drop makes until you see a standard one.

iv seen a fiew i like on the h&rs so think im gona go with them hopfully will be ok howmuch you recon ren will charge to fit them?

I did the rears myself and got Renault to do the front. They charged me £107 which is 1.5hr labour. It took them over 4 though but they quoted me for a 'normal' Clio which wouldn't have taken so long.

I did the rears myself and got Renault to do the front. They charged me £107 which is 1.5hr labour. It took them over 4 though but they quoted me for a 'normal' Clio which wouldn't have taken so long.

:blink:

I've just done the fronts on my 200 and it has taken me about 25 minutes a side...and I've never done it before!

how did you get the struts out?

I undone these 2 bolts, this allows you to push the wishbone down out the way and then move the hub assemly down enough for the strut to pop out.

IMG00087-20101228-1734.jpg