lowered performance with new cat back?

You any idea how much that would be? I don't know if they would do it wrong again. Pulling a swift one with the girl but I've been back with it. Maybe they thought I'd not notice anything.

I would say half an hours labour and minimal cost for pipe. I wouldn't be expecting more than £50.

Maybe give them 1 last chance to get them to replace it with a pipe and 'hopefully' they'll do it fine. I suppose nothing to lose because you can then take it somewhere else after. It all comes down to how much patience and tolerance you have - me personally, absolutley **** all! :lol: !!! I've been ****ed about by too many self proclaimed experts over the years, it's my way (aka the right way!) or the highway!

I'll tell them want flexi removed and then I want to see the pipe. That needs to be straight. Replacement. How it should be. Simple. I'll give them one chance then I'll likely lose my rag and that ain't right good haha. Then yes I'll go elsewhere and most probably join the queue in the bad reviews! !!

Hope so. Given me a headache for a bit now. I might be able to join you guys one day on a drive out, in about 2/3 years once I'm a fully qualified mechanic and the car is modified every which way possible! !!

Things have progressed since I last looked in. TB rich has given solid advice imho. Re powerflow - I think there's one over Burnley way (or there used to be ) minisport or something.
Good luck !

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with all the advice I've been given by you all. Means a lot. To not know anything really to a little bit now in a few days. Thanks Montana, I'll let them try sort it and if not I'll head to a powerflow. Did you see the pics also of where they've put the single flexi?

I'm really impressed with all the advice I've been given by you all. Means a lot. To not know anything really to a little bit now in a few days. Thanks Montana, I'll let them try sort it and if not I'll head to a powerflow. Did you see the pics also of where they've put the single flexi?
Yeah, post 85 I put up a pic of mine for comparison :smile:

So it was suggested I go to a Powerflow to sort out the misplaced flexi. The nearest one to me is Accrington, has anyone used these or should I trust any of them to sort it?

They've replaced that bit. So the problem surely lies with that somewhere otherwise a coincidence something else has cropped up. Discussing it now. Looks like removal of replacement, inspection, put back on etc

If they only replaced the manifold, then 1 of 2 things, 1) either the old one had the pre-cat emptied and was running better than stock, or 2) the new one is blocked and running worse than stock.
I'm doubting it's incorrectly fitted as I'm not sure how you would incorrectly fit one to the point of adversely effecting power.

With the old one unavilable you might as well ignore if it was emptied or not....just stick it on the rollers at RS Tuning and then you'll know 100% how it is running.

I'll state officially for the records it's because it sounds quieter! :lol:

Well if they also think it's slow then could well be a problem, if they are offering to take another look you might aswell let them. If 3 people all think it's poor, then a RR will just confirm that and you'll still be back at this stage after the run but with £40 less!

Haha not because you're women, but you wouldn't have been the first and won't be the last to make the power noise mistake. Heck I've made it a couple of times, but then I've been RR testing most changes I've made to my cars for the last 15 years, most people just fit stuff and assume it's better and then never know any the wiser.

It's a power difference for sure. Yes I'm booked in to check it out. I'll probably go to a RR if no improvement. Looks like I may have a less exciting drive from now on though. It was unbelievably quick before. Poss pre cat internals were removed then.