18inch wheels on lowered 200?

fre23

Gold Member
Hi

In the near future I want too buy some coilovers for the Clio but I'm not sure if it will fit with my 18inch wheels (225 40 r18). These are the standard rims fitted too the raider/rb7.

So does someone run coilovers with 18inch on a Clio 200 and can tell me if you have full clearance when turning into full lock?

You might want to speak to [MENTION=50736]peter[/MENTION] - he has the same car and a fellow Belgian I believe.

Well coilovers are adjustable so you set them where they dont rub...

Yeah oke you're right, but the main reason I want coilovers is for track usage (AST 5100 / KW Clubsport range). These aren't cheap so it would be a shame if I'm too much limited in my setup because of the 18inch rims.

If your budgeting for £2k+ for coilies whyndont you consider changing to a 17" alloy if your worried about it.

I already thought about buying 17", but thats another +1K.. And I don't want too get rid of the original rims because it's part of the RB7 version. So I hope someone can give me some clearance about this, otherwise I have to choose between buying 17" or stay standard suspension setup.

There's a guy on here with an Albi blue megane-engine clio who's running 18" Turinis with KW V1 coilovers, and as far as I can remember he didn't report any rubbing.

There's a guy on here with an Albi blue megane-engine clio who's running 18" Turinis with KW V1 coilovers, and as far as I can remember he didn't report any rubbing.

Oke thanks! I'll take a look if I can find him :d

If you want to use it track I'd suggest getting a set of 17 inch wheels with a semi slick tire first, the 200 CUP is pretty stiff out of the box, may turn out you will like it as it is just with a lot extra grip a good tire provides.

If you want to use it track I'd suggest getting a set of 17 inch wheels with a semi slick tire first, the 200 CUP is pretty stiff out of the box, may turn out you will like it as it is just with a lot extra grip a good tire provides.

I already run semi slicks on my 18, yes the cup chassis is already stiff. But in my opinion there's still too much body roll.

ok just read you're using 225 40 18, that makes the wheel 11mm taller than a standard 215 45 17 wheel, might do some rubbing if you get it lowered, to compare, a 215 40 18 which I think was a standard tire size for the RB7 is only 3mm taller than the 17s so I guess if you'd stick to the standard size it could pretty much take just as much lowering as a 17inch wheel.

ok just read you're using 225 40 18, that makes the wheel 11mm taller than a standard 215 45 17 wheel, might do some rubbing if you get it lowered, to compare, a 215 40 18 which I think was a standard tire size for the RB7 is only 3mm taller than the 17s so I guess if you'd stick to the standard size it could pretty much take just as much lowering as a 17inch wheel.

yeah, was going to suggest the same. till i found out there are practically no semi's offered in that size.