Lower swivel dimensions.

Does anyone have one to hand they can measure? I'm still baffled that something as simple as this can only be bought from R-Sport. I've spoke to our local parts supplier (FPS) who have been brilliant for parts in the past, and have said if I provide them with dimensions, they'll see what they can source. They do currently list a lower balljoint, which looks very similar to the genuine part. I don't want to dismantle my car to find it's wrong though!

If anyone has one to hand that they could measure height, and diameter of the part that presses into the hub, and the part that is secured by the bolt, that would be awesome.

Does anyone have one to hand they can measure? I'm still baffled that something as simple as this can only be bought from R-Sport. I've spoke to our local parts supplier (FPS) who have been brilliant for parts in the past, and have said if I provide them with dimensions, they'll see what they can source. They do currently list a lower balljoint, which looks very similar to the genuine part. I don't want to dismantle my car to find it's wrong though!

If anyone has one to hand that they could measure height, and diameter of the part that presses into the hub, and the part that is secured by the bolt, that would be awesome.

They don't just press into the hub, liquid nitrogen is used to make them contract so that they fit then as they warm back up they expand into a tight fit. First I would find somewhere to do that bit and get a price. most garages don't have liquid nitrogen.

Mine was pressed in just fine, and so will my next one be when it needs done in about a month or two. Just be careful and you will be fine.

Mine was pressed in just fine, and so will my next one be when it needs done in about a month or two. Just be careful and you will be fine.

The problem is that the hub can crack easily, not that the balljoints won't go in.

I've been quoted £140/side all in but getting both sides done as it will save on labour again later on. Brake pads too. Save some pennies and time in and out of the effing garage