Lovely Blue 197 form Dorset

Hi everyone, my name is Sam and purchased my 197 a couple of weeks back and can safely say one of the best decisions I have made so far! I'm 21 from Dorset and, the muddy roads are a nightmare for keeping her clean mind.

I noticed CallorFold mentioned some issues with their car and I've got similar ones...

The fan doesn't seem to work on setting 2 and my keyless entry and unlock button on the key card doesn't seem to work on the drivers door. Passenger and boot are fine though. I am having to double press the lock button and then unlock and the drivers door is then unlocked... weird!!

Am having to have my handbrake cables replaced this week as they are going and resulting in my handbrake sticking! Nightmare.

BUT those issues aside, my 197 will become an ongoing project and it is a beauty to drive.

Here she is :smile:

2015-02-04 07.26.10.jpg

Welcome to the forum Sam :smile:

The heater setting issue is a common fault, but it is a relatively cheap and easy fix. As for the handbrake sticking - the calipers can sometimes stick - they benefit from an annual strip, clean and lube. The sticking could be that, if the new cables don't solve it.

Any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Welcome to the forum Sam.

They have there niggles, and as you're already a member you will find plenty of how to threads to sort them out.

:welcome:
as above..any questions just give us a shout...
if you strip/clean/lube your brakes every 6 months you should be fine...