Akrapovic fitted - lovely

ashtons99

Gold Member
Well after months of deliberation as some of you know I pulled the trigger and went for the Evo system.
Ordered from Demon Tweeks about 3 weeks ago and delivered to my door today.
They do either free fitting or delivery, always one for a challenge I went for the latter,
From the moment you open the (enormous) box it is apparent this is quality. Even the packing is top class.

In the box are 7 pieces; the main rear silencer, the front to rear pipe, a link pipe, 2 brackets and 2 carbon trims.
The quality, machining, fit and finish is outstanding.
The fitting instructions are a colour brochure and include instructions for removal of existing system as well as installation.

I took my time doing it making sure a copper greased (supplied) all threaded parts.

The system fitted together easily and was completely aligned with no further adjustments needed, no knocking on body or rattling.

The difficult parts for anyone thinking of fitting are:
Removal of old system requires it to be cut just in front of rear axle. I used a cutting disc and disconnected the middle hanger and front pipe connection so I could get the grinder all the way round.

The removal and refitting at the front end where it clamps to the front cat, the flange bracket is quite substantial so needs some force to get it off and then needs a bit of persuasion to get in line around the 2 mating flange surfaces

It tells you to remove the lambda sensor from the old pipe first. It's tight as anything so unclip the loom plug and remove the sensor once the front exhaust section is off and easier to use some force on

Finally removing the old back box off the 2 rear hangers. Ease a screwdriver between the hanger peg and mount rubber then spray WD40 in the gap. Use the screwdriver and brute force to get the rubber off the hanger peg. The other side is easier as you can use the full weight of the silencer to pull it. Be careful though as it's heavy when it comes off the first peg and drops on your head!!ouch.

Sorry I got lost in an "How to" section there

The exhaust has a great sound. Don't buy one if your are wanting something that drones or makes your ears bleed! The exhaust note, pitch and volume is just right. Lovely on tick over. Just right at the 3-4k point and glorious once you push it into the 5-6k.
It burbles nicely when pottering and pops without sounding chav on the overrun.

That's it really. If I can help anyone with anymore info shout up.

Glad you are pleased Tony. Akrapovic stuff is quality so I expected it to be a good fit and coming with copper grease and comprehensive instructions is a nice touch. I like what you are saying about the sound as that is just what I want. Going down to Demon Tweeks to get mine fitted on Saturday!

good choice. i fricking love mine. expensive but worth it IMO.

the noise really settles down after a few hundred miles and is spot on IMO. not intrusive or too loud.

i definitely noticed an improvement in throttle response and mid range but had mine mapped and gained a bit more again

For the price of that exhaust system i've just taken my car from 217 to circa 300 bhp! It's madness. That said, it does look like a great bit of kit! Enjoy!

To answer the earlier question and keep the thread on topic I have a sprint booster and an ITG panel filter. I did about 15 miles in it after fitting and one thing that is noticeable is it seems less restricted and the famous flat spot certainly disappears. Whether the actual performance is improved I will reserve judgment, certainly the 3 mods collectively have transformed the car in terms of driveability the added joy of the exhaust note just makes it complete. There is also a big weight saving, the akrapovic is featherweight compared to the lump that was on the car.

It is I agree a big lump to spend on an exhaust but I'm keeping the car so the expense is absorbed over time and can always be sold seperate to the car if I do decide to move it on

The expense in my opinion is justified

The akrapovic system is awesome

You deffo get what u pay for

I sold mine to some chap on here.

it does make it go better as I'm now back to standard and it's flat as ****. I loved it 80% of the time! the other 20 I found it a bit loud. But that's me being a 100% poof.

It's the best exhaust I've ever bought IMO.