Loss of power whilst driving!!!

Hi has anyone found that ther 197 loses power randomly whilst driving.
It happens for a couple of seconds, in this time i can put my foot to floor and not accelerate what so ever!
It happens at all speeds and in all gears so is completeley random, but our renault dealer is shit and they wont diagnose it cuz it never happens when they have it in, its also really stiff to get into gear and they said they cant find anything wrong with it!!

If anyone can help at all or just let me know whether they'v experienced anything similiar will be much appreciated.

Thanx Soph

i had loss in power if i went to 7k revs then changed gear there would be nothing there.
turned out the air intake pipe had come off the back of the grill and was stuck against the back of the bumper, so not getting enough air.

only time our 197 is a bit "flat" is when its cold. Saying that it always seems a little less eager compare to our mighty 182 :wink:

Have you ran it in yet? Seems slower because the weight of all the wax that is on it is taking its toll :wink:

Adrian said:
Have you ran it in yet? Seems slower because the weight of all the wax that is on it is taking its toll :wink:
its getting there, just over 13k on the clock now. saying that the 182 seems to be getting better all the time too, thats got 50K on the clock :smile:

flippin ek, thats more than me! I just passed 11k miles on sunday :roll:

Adrian said:
we have been trying to put miles on the 197 this year, the clio engine seems to need it, our 182 being good evidence of that. we only did 5.5K in its first year :oops:

richandgem said:
Adrian said:
we have been trying to put miles on the 197 this year, the clio engine seems to need it, our 182 being good evidence of that. we only did 5.5K in its first year :oops:

Mine's 2 years old.. just ticked 14,500.. sounds 8-) 8-)