losing faith in the 200

Properly love mine at the moment. I've got a fiesta to use for commuting so the clio is more of a toy now, makes it feel so much faster :smile:

Will see how funds go and what damage the Clio does to my pocket. I don't NEED a car...so it's just a luxury for me.

Fair enough point i guess, be nice for you to stick around though :tongueout:inky:

Always welcome to have a drive of the meg if needed and im sure Kevin will say the same

I hope it does as i really like the look/colour and is my fav rs ive had but i cant help but feel I need a change

There must be a fair few who feel my pain lol

i am at the moment i am having real bad ups and downs about my 200 , i thinks its today with the manifold :worried:

(sorry to back pedal the thread)

I went through this for a few months last year, worst thing ever having it sat there and you can't take it for a blast!

If i end up splitting the car, i'll give you first refusal :smiley:[/QUOTE] [MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION] They will not fit kevins car so i will have first refusal ha!:wink:
i am at the moment i am having real bad ups and downs about my 200 , i thinks its today with the manifold :worried:

(sorry to back pedal the thread)

I went through this for a few months last year, worst thing ever having it sat there and you can't take it for a blast!

I feel your pain lads i done a 12week stint not been ok to take it for a blast.

My main issue was that the car wasnt worth to me what id paid for it anymore.

Those that pick them up second hand it may not be an issue for, but for me i saw it like this;

I bought it for nigh on £20,000. I'd already lost 10/11k on it and still had a years worth of payments to go. Thats another £3800 towards a car that was going to be worth (at the rate they are depreciating) £1500/2000 less.

To me it just didnt seem worth while. Getting out of ownership now saw me better off than in a years time.

The only time it would have been worth it was if i was to keep the car way past the finance period. But, as a petrol head, who doesnt want to chop and change and try new things?

My ULTIMATE drive for the sale was that the £3800 i owed would have been better off in my savings going towards the house fund. £3800 into my house deposit is worth £3800 to me. £3800 paying the finance off isnt worth £3800 to me at time of sale, the car certainly wouldnt be worth 3800 more!!

My replacement is/will be a 2002 S3. Ok its not as nice as the clio, id certainly prefere a newer one, but i couldnt stretch to one nor a meg, but it should do me fine (providing its semi reliable!) Should still supply some sort of fun factor but not costing me £325 a month and certainly wont lose much over a year!

Last edited: