losing faith in the 200

Seriously getting pi$$ed off with the clio and the 'real world'

Apart from the crap mpg, the ride that feels like im in a horse and cart for comfort and the constant worry that im going to rack up a huge bill for one thing or another the cons are seriously out weighing the pros at the moment,

maybe its the winter blues not using the clio to its potential and it not being all clean and shiney, im really struggling for a reason to keep it

Apologies for the rant but im pi$$ed off with it :'(

Don't panic it will pass :hug1:

I second that. I've just been through this feeling with mine due to manifolds failing, brakes need replacing and bushes going..... But..... Get it cleaned and fixed and the grin factor is unreal. Just been giggling all afternoon at the new exhaust on mine!

Last edited:
Ride in my 200 Cup is fine, almost comfortable compared to other premium hot hatches I have owned. Good quality tyres give a better ride than the cheaper Japanese brands. As for MPG I am averaging 31.6 over 8000 miles, commuting and weekend hooning. A good service, fix the air leak on the manifold and run it on Shell V power, again quality tyres have a lower rolling resistance and can give 20% more mpg. In fact I have not had a car give me as much fun for as little money since the 1980's this is my second 200, it's not perfect, but it makes me smile every time I get in it. As for using it in the winter to its full potential, this weather is great for exploiting its fine chassis, balancing the car on the edge of the grip limits, again tyres play a big role. Stick with it, make sure everything is in top condition, it's got to be cheaper than buying another car.

Mine is fine.

Plus you knew exactly what you were getting yourself in for when you brought it. No offence. Its not a german diesel :wink:

You have to enjoy it for what its good at! Just have a random blast after work one day :thumbsup:

Give it a chance, wait till summer. Get it on track if you can to get its real potential an you will fall in love again

I really don't understand this constant worry that something will go tits up. I mean don't get me wrong but last time I checked, every single car out there had problems. I've had the clio for 3 years now and all I changed was a steering rack and a ball joint, the car is driven hard but it's maintained as it should. Now the ride, well I can't comment on that because it's clearly subjective. Is it a cup or not?

I feel your pain.

Mine will be up for sale in the near future.

You are joking!!!

I hope it does as i really like the look/colour and is my fav rs ive had but i cant help but feel I need a change

There must be a fair few who feel my pain lol

I spent the afternoon turning one of my brake pins into mush, so I'm a little down with it at the moment , but there's always the first day of summer when you can properly give it some to keep you through the bad times :smiley:

I've had quite a few hot hatches over the past 10 years and I always find myself coming back to renault sport :smile: all cars have their problems, I just find driving a renault sport is more fun than driving anything else.

Give it time :smile:

Get it fixed and all perfect then take it out for a blast!

If your mind is still not changed then atleast its in top condition for sale? As others have said though, brilliant fun to drive so once its gone then you may regret it and end up coming back?

All up to you though :smile:

I'm having a bit of a blurry moment with mine, although once the issue is ironed out it'll be back to 100% love

Lol! Not yet buddy!

I don't think I'd get to use the full ability of the megane tbh, on the roads I drive the Clio seems to cover the ground very quickly.

although it would be nice for it to be more effortless with that big boost :smile: I'll have a shot at Kev's in Germany, then I'll probably come home and buy one lol.

Take it out for a blast, and when I say a blast I mean 100+ miles of committed grin-inducing, MPG slaughtering, tyre slaying hooning and you'll realise what a cracking car it is. I've been here many times (what car guy doesn't weigh up the options every once in a while), but take it out for a blast and you'll soon realise how good it is.

Also take a look around at the same price bracket, you'll soon see how boring/expensive/under spec'd most of the competition is, and, if you look closely enough they'll all have their faults too. :smile:

Lol! Not yet buddy!

I don't think I'd get to use the full ability of the megane tbh, on the roads I drive the Clio seems to cover the ground very quickly.

although it would be nice for it to be more effortless with that big boost :smile: I'll have a shot at Kev's in Germany, then I'll probably come home and buy one lol.

Yeah, kinda see where your coming from. Its far to easy to get into licence loosing speeds in the meg before you know it on the motorway youll be easily at 130MPH (i ofcourse dont do that) :smiley:

But saying that, it has all the brilliant points of the clio plus the extra power so for me its just :cloud9:

If your ever over this way or at Germany then your weclome to have a go in the Trophy - but i think once you have then its a sealed deal :smile:

After Kev took me in his that was it!

This is what I'm worried about lol, I won't want to get back in the Clio after a drive in one lol.

This is what I'm worried about lol, I won't want to get back in the Clio after a drive in one lol.

I drive my mate's 250 (not cup'd though) the other day, brilliant car etc but not for me. I wouldn't swap the Clio. But again, this is just me.