Long Drive in a 200.

SnapMonkey

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found this video randomly on youtube, all the way from Australia!

Essentially the owner drove a roundtrip of 2700km (1690 miles) from his home in Goulburn NSW to Adelaide SA for the Oz Renault Sport 2010 Nationals (a show I assume).

Got to love the dedication! Now some maths.

Right the car is showing 9800km on the clock (6125 miles), so the car is reasonably well run in you'd assume.

The fuel consumption is showing 8.9 litres per 100km. So thats 1.96 gallons per 62.5 miles, therefore hes done an average of 31.89mpg.

Average speed showed 92.6kmh, thats 56.25mph.

To be honest. I'd have expected marginally higher mpg, but I'm sure the hot weather & AC useage prevents this.

The car is showing 240.5 litres of petrol used. My local V Power stop is now £1.31 per litre, so thats £315! Just as well petrol is roughly half price in Oz!

I did also note the car said it needed a service soon. I assume this is because of the dry dusty atmosphere plays havoc with the filters, and they need replacing much soon than our dreary climate!

Any comments welcome!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQkXX4NP3AQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Very indepth look into the video!

Im off round europe in mine in may, ill reset all the dials just for you :wink:

Then you can tell me how much petrol ive wasted my money on haha

Actually it was Adelaide to Goulburn. OzRenault Sport (www.ozrenaultsport.com) is an on line forum, much like this one. The Clio featured in the video was written off in an accident soon after its return to Adelaide and has been replaced by another Clio 200. And yes, he was very keen to get to the Nationals.

I averaged 41mpg over about 70 miles earlier in the week. That was cruise control at 60mph. 31 seems about right for cruising at 90mph

I averaged 41mpg over about 70 miles earlier in the week. That was cruise control at 60mph. 31 seems about right for cruising at 90mph

Didnt expect it to be that high!
Will have to reset my trip next time i do a long run to see what it does. My overall since i got the car 6500 miles ago is 28mpg.

I did also note the car said it needed a service soon. I assume this is because of the dry dusty atmosphere plays havoc with the filters, and they need replacing much soon than our dreary climate!

Yeah, we have to get ours serviced at 10,000k's or 12-months, whatever comes first. Weird fact though: the service book in some 200's over here actually require a service every 6-months!

It was a great event though so well worth him putting the effort in!

Similar Thread Suggestions