Legoland - is it worth it? (And other attractions)

After working nights last week I get this week of with the missus and the little 'un. I really want to take her for a day out somewhere this week to somewhere fun and after seeing the kellogs vouchers for 'adult goes free' the missus thought that Legoland would be a good shout.

Now...I'm based in Cheshire and to get to Legoland it's about a 350 mile round trip (using toll roads) and although I love driving, having my missus and daughter in the car can dampen the spirit with the constant 'are we nearly there?', 'slow down' and 'I need a wee' which reminds me of my own childhood lol.

Anyways I know a lot of people on here love Lego but is is really worth a whole tank of petty and the entrance fee as well as potential B and B costs for staying over? Or are there other attractions that people can recommend that are a little closer to home? Considering Blackpool pleasurebeach or even Chester zoo (not blue planet aquarium as it's over in like 40 minutes)

Any advice would be helpful :smile:'

If you have a kid then yeah it's worth a visit, use some vouchers! (I think Kellogg's are doing 2 for 1's at the min.
i liked it and its impressive to see the Lego structures there

It's wank, we queued for just short of 2 hours to go on the log flume!

Food is silly prices although after 4 (iirc) it's eat all you want in the pizza joint.

I've always found Legoland a fantastic day out, it goes without saying during the weekends it can get silly busy but what theme park doesn't these days?

I always go on May 4th as they do a Star Wars theme with costumes, show and models. Never been into Star Wars but it's a great atmosphere!

I loved lego land when i was a kid and think I still would now tbh. I think Lego land is part of the Merlin group though so probably cost a fair wack. Look at Tesco club card deals and other online vouchers to save where you can. Also as stated above, any food outlet onsite will cost a bomb. Take food with you if you can

I now have a niece that I can use as an excuse to go now, interesting!

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FunnyMan Clio 200 Area 15
chris_blue Spotted 0
MarcB eBay Finds 1
J Clio General Chat 3
Alex88 General Chat 2