LED sidelights/DRLs

MRizzle

Gold Member
Some of you may remember that I enquired if the interior LEDs that I was provided a link with (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320895034394) would fit the sidelights and, once again, you were wonderfully helpful in advising me that they should. As I was bored and disappointed that my Hekos hadn't arrived, I decided to see what they were like.

Now...first of all I accidentally removed the wrong bulb in the passenger side and ended up having one hell of a job getting it back in despite the "How to" and following all steps, I just couldn't get it to catch despite photograph in the fitting. After a lot of swearing and cutting of the back of my hands, it did eventually catch but this was more luck than anything else!!

I persevered anyway...because I clearly hate my hands and these were the results just in case anyone was interested. What I will say is that these are actually a dawdle to change - I didn't actually need to remove both bulbs so my advice is just go straight to the sidelight!!

ce2dc4db86a8075b52a6efe5fbeb0dd3.jpgc74575044b5b5abdcc37d39480d4e437.jpg9e5742625bd0f442f77fd405d598fbcc.jpg

Sorry, the photos aren't brilliant because it's been drizzling rain all evening and I only half wiped off the raindrops from the headlights.

Last edited:
Looks good, I've changed most of the bulbs on mine, including replacing all the interior ones with LEDs too.

Makes the car look a bit more modern at night. No more orange/yellow tint!

Thanks everyone but I wasn't happy with the light output so I've upgraded them. I'll get a picture when I get a moment.

I need to do my brake lights and possibly my dogs but I refuse to pay Halfrauds prices for either. They want £32 for the brake lights alone!! [emoji15]

Thanks everyone but I wasn't happy with the light output so I've upgraded them. I'll get a picture when I get a moment.

I need to do my brake lights and possibly my dogs but I refuse to pay Halfrauds prices for either. They want £32 for the brake lights alone!! [emoji15]

The rear clusters are actually really easy to remove. 3 screws and a bit of strength to pop the cluster out (it's held in with a couple of plastic plugs). Just ensure when putting it back together the seal is sitting right so you dont get any condensation :smile:

Good to know [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION]! [emoji1303] Are they just wingnuts?

Here's some photos of the upgraded bulbs. I'm not sure how clearly you can tell the difference in the photos but, in person, it's significant! They're also a purer white and don't have that slightly chavvy blue tinge.

I'll maybe be better trying to get a photo when it's darker as it is still lighter out than when I took the first set.

30454c984a42dc62ee1947e0607dd12f.jpg

48df4f0c50210436fafbc690fb2f5a54.jpg

8fc431117c9bfe92fa9443d6b4d8c21a.jpg