KWv3 Worth the Cash

E

Ed...

Hi,

Im looking to upgrade the OE suspension on my 197, it has the cup pack but it still seems to roll round the corners more than I would like. So I am thinking of spending some serious dollar on these coil overs but wonder wether anyone else has had them and rates them or are they overprices etc etc

All opinions are welcome thanks

If I was you, I wouldn't go for anything less than KW V3.

Cup suspension is good to begin with..don't mess it up with some poor coilovers or springs.

How do they compare to the V1s? Same coilovers but with adjustable damping? If that's the case then are the V1 more heavily damped than standard or fairly similar?

are you actually going to adjust them tho?

lowering the car on a decent setup set of kw1's will drastically reduce body roll so unless your going for the all out perfect set-up for the track then i dont think they'd be worth it over kw1's

I think the difference is the height adjustment correct me if I am wrong?

I was hoping to be able to adjust for track days so its lower and then raise it for normal driving so the wheels dont rub etc etc. how easy are they to adjust?

I am hoping to pick u some R26 wheels so i have to be able to accomodate the extra inch in the arches too as I do not want to compramise drivability in day to day driving

The extra inch is taken up by putting on lower profile tyres though.

Pretty sure the only difference between V1 and V3 is that the V3 have adjustable damping

yeah I dont want to go too low on the low profile as I have heard the ride begins to get more uncomfortable and the road noise is increased

reading up on Ktec, Ben you are right but I like the best and they say this is the top of the range kit for the 197 so I believe them . . . . . . next thing is can i fit it or do I have to pay my friend the mechanic again?

^^^ NO as said above the v3's are damper adjustable v1's are not

Tbh I will not lower mine on track don't know why you would ? Just adjust the damping to get it just right.

If your doing track days get v3's

well your coming on the next trck day with me Aron so you will have to show me how

ye the damping is the big thing when decided between the two

on track your wanting the damping settings to be harder than when having a leisurely drive through town! if you dont care about this then dont waste the extra cash

if your just looking for just lowering then v1's are the way to go

I am happy with the height, its the trip to Nurburg I want these for . . . . these and some of the 2 piece discs from Ktec hoping to get some discount as I have 2k of gear in my basket lol

Before you place the order let me know, I need some carbon end plates for my new purchased cup spoiler ! Bit more discount . !!!! Lol

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FunnyMan Clio 200 Area 15
chris_blue Spotted 0
MarcB eBay Finds 1
J Clio General Chat 3
Alex88 General Chat 2