KTR 330mm Brakes...worth it?

I felt the Megane was under braked to but that was comparing it to my Clio

I had AP Racing 310mm discs with DS2500

If you are looking for a group buy try Godspeed too, they had a good group buy price on megane sport.

My favourite upgrade!
But only if you do td's! My local circuit is Snett & needs good stoppers.
I have tried all setups pretty much. Std with lines, fluid n uprated pads, ktec 2 piece then the pf kit.
All had the same pads. Ds 2500s all round.
Pf kit makes a big difference. If it didnt id say so to save people cash.
Il sort a gb for it soon Need to speak to the guys.
Oh n the meg is slighty underbraked. I know from personal experience.
Best set up lines, hc disks, fluid n ds2500s all round.
Good but not inspiring.

im very intrested in the GB for the bigger brakes, let me know please

Just out of interest, those giving an opinion on the 330mm kit, which of you have actually used it, or at least experienced it?

Just out of interest, those giving an opinion on the 330mm kit, which of you have actually used it, or at least experienced it?

Me, you, Simo and Daz are the only ones I can think of having used them.

:lol: did make me chuckle,

well without trying to make a big issue out of it, but as time goes on, this place is becoming more like CS.net.

So many experts with such little knowledge.

I rather people say 'i havent tried it but feel the brakes are ok with XXX setup'. Rather than committing to the fact they are OTT without ever experiencing them.

Anyway, rant over, back on topic......

well without trying to make a big issue out of it, but as time goes on, this place is becoming more like CS.net.

So many experts with such little knowledge.

I rather people say 'i havent tried it but feel the brakes are ok with XXX setup'. Rather than committing to the fact they are OTT without ever experiencing them.

Anyway, rant over, back on topic......

hear hear guv

I havent tried them mate too be honest with you, I take my hat off to anyone who thinks a standard well maintained setup isn't good enough for a road car doing an occasional track day throughout the year though! I can't think of anyone ever complaining about the brakes after driving a 197/200, the only complaint I do hear is the lack of power!

I havent tried them mate too be honest with you, I take my hat off to anyone who thinks a standard well maintained setup isn't good enough for a road car doing an occasional track day throughout the year though! I can't think of anyone ever complaining about the brakes after driving a 197/200, the only complaint I do hear is the lack of power!

And if thats the case..you dont need them..but i do a lot so i went for it n glad i did. Plus everyone uses there brakes differently too..all i can reiterate is i got no regrets getting it.

I 'would' like to try some, i know they are going to be better brakes, they have to be, more leverage means easier to stop plus the fact a mate with an ST170 has a 330mm kit and says it's better and another mate with a cosworth has a 330mm kit (up from a shocking 286mm disc) and recomends them.

I agree the standard brakes are very good , I haven't long had my 197 and i'm very impressed with the brakes , the previous owner fitted new pads which he told me were ' brembo ' pads , haven't checked to see exactly what they are but they do stop very well.

I did the cliosport trackday recently in Llandow and also took my 172 rally car so spent most of the day in that , so only went out for the last session in my 197 , I didn't give it full beans but the brakes coped very well

As most things there is always room for improvement , a larger 2 piece disc and bell will be lighter than a one piece disc so you have less unsprung weight so will give the suspension an easier time , as the bells are made of alloy they will dissipate heat quicker so should stay cooler , and transfer less heat into the hubs and bearings , and as the discs can move on the bells slightly when they are very hot as on a track , there is less chance of them warping and going out of shape.

By going up to 330mm discs you have more leverage from the calipers as they are spaced out from the hub.

There are no real downsides to fitting the larger 2 piece discs bar the cost of them , for outright performance they will be better than the standard one piece discs.

I am having a set of front and rear pads made for my car , i'll be fitting the new EBC Orangestuff compound and a set of 330mm 2 piece discs and bells as soon as the pads arrive.

I have bought my car to do some track days , I have already changed the tyres to 888's so it should handle and stop much better .

And if thats the case..you dont need them..but i do a lot so i went for it n glad i did. Plus everyone uses there brakes differently too..all i can reiterate is i got no regrets getting it.

I never asked whether I need them or not, I know I don't. The question the lad asked was are these discs needed outside of the track and the answer is no on all accounts, obviously they are better in every consevable way out on track, nobody has questioned that.

Thanks for that dose of reality (they still look very sexy though). Maybe just new discs and pads...anyone recommend a good fast road pad?

The discs I bought off you, combined with ds2500's and dot 5 fluid are amazing mate!! Round donnington they were spot on!!