KTR 330mm Brakes...worth it?

personally id say no. even if you were doing trackdays id still say no.

Someone at work has a range rover sport, and the brakes are slightly smaller than the standard clio brakes.

The cup racers only have 312mm front discs with the 4 pot calipers

I would feel they are excessive. they are a lot better at dispensing heat compared to standard or even grooved discs but hardly needed in my opinion. Grooved discs would be a worth while upgrade to help clean the pads as well as dispense heat.

when fitting these most people do lines , new pads and a fluid change i would not be suprised if this is where the benifit is felt intially , would be good to get someone who has just changed the discs nothing else and get there input ?

as you dont do track days... no.

if you did do track days, then i would say yes. Anyone who has been in my car will tell you the brakes are out of this world. I run the PF 330mm kit with CL RC6 pads.

you can brake hard all day long and suffer no fade or issues.

They are one of the best upgrades i have done.

I would suggest to those who say 'no', to actually experience a set first.

Going for more power then your will need better breaking power

Lots of megane boys running silly power with 312mm brakes plus more weight than fontaine hear many complaints about them on track...

Truth is clio borrowed the brakes from the megane to start with so is over specced from the box.

as you dont do track days... no.

if you did do track days, then i would say yes. Anyone who has been in my car will tell you the brakes are out of this world. I run the PF 330mm kit with CL RC6 pads.

you can brake hard all day long and suffer no fade or issues.

They are one of the best upgrades i have done.

I would suggest to those who say 'no', to actually experience a set first.

Did you previouslly run RC6'S with standard discs but fluid and lines ?

No doubt the disapate heat better so no argument there just wondering is all . .. .

Dangerdaz knows of some PF ones cheaper the KTR for anyone interested i think .

Thanks for that dose of reality (they still look very sexy though). Maybe just new discs and pads...anyone recommend a good fast road pad?

Braided lines, new fluid and some ds2500's is all a standard Clio needs, trackdays or road, obviously the big brake upgrade is better but not worth it, as said about the meganes running 300+ BHP they still use standard setup.

I run CL 5+ all round and for out and out stopping power they cant be faulted. Do take a little heat to really bite but fail to dissapoint me.

They do, however, make a nasty mess of your alloys in a rediculously short distance. Seriously even a poodle to the shops will give them a light dusting of grey muck. They do like a squeal if you drive at slow speeds for a while and the discs dont last long im afraid.

These discs are superb. As FMP has already said. I can hammer the brakes all day long and the awesome stopping power is always there.

I think they'd be a tad OTT for just road use though.

I wouldn't bother with them if your not doing track days and even then I wouldn't bother with the 330mm on the Clio. Your brakes are only as good as your tyres allow them to be anyway.

If you really like the look of them then the Godspeed 330mm kit is good (what I'm using just now). I tried them out as the PF are rather expensive, AP Racings more expensive again and Alcons are just stupidly priced.

What about the weight saving?

KTec did a two piece 312mm disc that saved either 2kgs a corner or 2kgs overall and this helps with unsprung weight, they dont list the kit now so can't see the weights.

If it was 2kg a corner surlely the 330mm kits offer a weight saving too?

I'm tempted to try the godspeed kit for any other upgrades that may/may not happen in the future.:smiley:

I don't need them, I sincerely don't, as have been previously said the clio came overspecced when it comes to brakes. But I want them...fact.

Any gb??? Dangerdaz was saying something about getting them cheaper than Ktec. Interesting..

What about the weight saving?

KTec did a two piece 312mm disc that saved either 2kgs a corner or 2kgs overall and this helps with unsprung weight, they dont list the kit now so can't see the weights.

If it was 2kg a corner surlely the 330mm kits offer a weight saving too?

I'm tempted to try the godspeed kit for any other upgrades that may/may not happen in the future.:smiley:

The 330mm ones are bloody heavy. Cant remember the weight of the standard ones tbh.

I don't need them, I sincerely don't, as have been previously said the clio came overspecced when it comes to brakes. But I want them...fact.

Any gb??? Dangerdaz was saying something about getting them cheaper than Ktec. Interesting..

I would be interested in a potential GB as well depending on the price difference :smile:

The KW Clubsports definitely help on the track, but these things alone are responsible for me being able to push that much harder and longer tbh.

A worthy upgrade for track goes imo.

My favourite upgrade!
But only if you do td's! My local circuit is Snett & needs good stoppers.
I have tried all setups pretty much. Std with lines, fluid n uprated pads, ktec 2 piece then the pf kit.
All had the same pads. Ds 2500s all round.
Pf kit makes a big difference. If it didnt id say so to save people cash.
Il sort a gb for it soon Need to speak to the guys.
Oh n the meg is slighty underbraked. I know from personal experience.
Best set up lines, hc disks, fluid n ds2500s all round.
Good but not inspiring.