Ktec manifold review

Cheers for your kind words guys.

@Chris_200CUP I have the maxogen intake, Supersprint resonated centre section and Supersprint race back box.

@Pav ha you sure did mate, but technically we didn't shake on it lol!

@Mattb_197 always run on V power mate and mapped to 99ron.

Now time for my review.

I'm happy but then i must admit it's not a huge difference, but that has to be expected with mapping an N/A car. :smile: I hate to admit this but even after the remap I am sure the car felt more torquey before fitting the manifold, I said this to Paul and he told me this tends to happen when fitting the manifolds, you loose a bit of torque but gain HP. I'm still not convinced the car is faster tbh, I'm wondering if it's the lack of back pressure that's causing a negative effect, or it might just feel slower due to less torque. The car is very very noisy too, I could resolve these issues by fitting a sports cat which could be an idea for the future.

So went out on a private owned road earlier and really opened it up, the exhaust was singing and eventually heated up nicely, the tone changed and added a cool raspy note and on every gear change it unleashed a huge back fire! [emoji15] It sounded bloody awesome. The exhaust is annoying when cruising but makes up for it when you put your foot down!

So the question is would I say it's worth the manifold is worth its price tag and labour costs. Hmmm [emoji848] it's hard to say. Performance wise I really don't notice a huge difference, no flat spots appeared which is brilliant, when you are in the mood for it the noise is great but very loud when cruising. Keep in mind systems like the akrapovic and miltek will be quieter than my Supersprint resonated race system.

So my conclusion is, for what it costs to buy, fit and remap the car I do not think a manifold is worth it. :worried: Though I will say this is a real top quality product from Ktec and manifold clearly does improve BHP with no flat spots or subframe knocking. I would 100% spend the extra on this one over the toyosports (just my opinion, I still think the toyosports is still great value). Say for example your flexis go and you are happy to remap your car then 100% go for one of these manifolds, but if you are like me and just doing it for some extra power then I don't think there is any point.

Please let me know what you guys think, feel free to agree or disagree, let me know what you think. :smile:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?19407-Luke_197-Progress-thread/page21

^^^^

Great review. Shortly when mine is mapped I'll be able to chip in with a more experienced reply.

BUT - I agree with you ref Toyo vs Ktec and your thoughts on £ vs HP and the Toyo being a cheap way of eradicating standard manifold cracking / flexi issues. I hope !

Enjoy them horsies buddy....

Ktec is the best manifold on the market IMO, I wouldn't buy an R3 now if I had my time again as it's not worth the extra money and fitting headache/expense.

Such a shame they didn't v-band the flexi on though, then it would be failsafe really.

A very balanced and honest review and great to get some quality feedback on something not many people have yet fitted to their cars.

As said, if financial circumstances allowed, I think most people would go for the Ktec mani for the quality alone (much like with an Akra exhaust), however if your hand was forced and you needed a mani due to flexi issues etc, the Toyo makes more sense from a purely money point of view.