Ktec manifold

JSD

Platinum Member
Just received this today...
IMG_20150918_155723.jpg
IMG_20150918_155512.jpgIMG_20150918_155629.jpg
Our manifold features 2 moveable ball joints, not a single cheap flexi which will soon fail.
Does it now??
IMG_20150918_155646.jpg
And to be honest, I can't help but feel pretty disappointed.
One of the main reasons for ordering this over repairing my old manifold was the lack of flexis. But they seem to have changed the design with out saying so.
Also, ktec don't stock these, despite saying so on their website. I waited nearly 2 months, but was told "next week" every time I rang them.
Oh well, at least I can finally get to drive my car..

This is disappointing mate even though the quality looks good. Did you contact them saying that they misadvertise their product?

Let us know how the car feels anyway, this must be the first Ktec manifold on this forum if I'm not mistaken?

Not yet, I will give them a call to see what they say, I really don't want to send it back given the wait I had. But to be honest, I would not have purchased it knowing it would have flexi joints and take this long to arrive.
The quality does look good aside from the obvious, but still it was hard enough justifying it to myself with the ball joints!
Anyway, perhaps there is a reason they changed from the ball joint, but replacing it with a flexi that by their own admission "will fail again" is a step backwards IMO.
I literally just finished reading your project thread earlier, really nice car, probably my favourite on here. Shame to hear about the garage problems of late though, have you got your it back yet?

I don't know if it was the first, someone from ktec told me there were a few more orders for them around the same time as mine. Where are they all going??! I couldn't find a single word about one!

I'd certainly be asking for some of my money back, just looks like the toyo one, maybe better quality but 3 times the price better quality??? No way. You couldn't argue if you got what you thought you were paying for but you didn't so I'd be kicking up stink.

Anyway, perhaps there is a reason they changed from the ball joint, but replacing it with a flexi that by their own admission "will fail again" is a step backwards IMO.

I don't know much, if anything, about these manifolds or the Toyosport ones, however it does seem like Ktec have dropped the ball a bit with the above.... It's a shame for them that the first impressions of one of their products is a relatively negative review on a popular forum...

Let us know what their response is when you speak to them.

I'd rather have a flexi than ball joints, pain in the ass to stop blowing is the prevailing impression I have of them, although I have never personally had a car with them myself.

If K-tec had put the flexi on a v-band to the manifold it would have been perfect, they could have then sold replacement flexi's - it's a serviceable item when moved to the original pre-cat location.

Looks a good manifold IMO, the best option out there.

[MENTION=51896]JSD[/MENTION] thanks mate
I got the car back yes, I had to pay for the transport though. Now I'm looking to claim in back from the breakdown people..

It looks a real quality item that. They've probably changed it and not changed the website, wouldn't be so bad if they had changed it at the same time but just makes them look a bit foolish...

Pity if the ball joints are what allows it to flex in the right place to keep it from knocking on the subframe. However, I recently contacted KTR to ask how durable the ball joints are and if they will not begin to leak as they wear down. I have not received a reply yet, but I guess this answers my question. Please let us know how it fits and your results.

Still, looks way better than the Toyo as this has proper equal runners where as far as I can judge from the photos the Toyo does not.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, haven't really driven the car since it was fitted and was going to post an update after the remap.
I have some pictures to share however.
IMG_20150924_124846.jpgIMG_20150924_124902.jpgIMG_20150924_134547.jpg
12039511_891803320886699_3015065020581423633_n.jpg
It fits well, no signs of knocking.
As for sound, it is slightly louder than standard, plus it occasionally pops on lift off. However it has increased the droning sound in the cabin, but that could also be an effect of all the uprated engine mounts.

Have to say it looks good. You "should" see a noticeable improvement comparing to stock after the remap. Shame about the droning though..

Let us know how it goes:smile:

Last edited:
It does look like they have just gone down the same route as the Toyosport. I had about that much clearance on my Toyo to the subframe, which it hit before I put in Powerflex inserts to the upper and lower torque links.

Even if the flexi does fail in 3-4 years time, the position it is now in makes it much easier for a repair on the vehicle