knocking noisesetup

Good day to you all,

I have an issue that I have had for a bit now. I have cup set up on my clio 200. but I keep getting a knocking noise from the front passinger side. I was told it could be the top strut on the suspension. But I am not sure which part I need to order. I thought it was the steering rack arm joint, as that had some play in it. But I have had it changed and it still makes a knocking noise. So I need some help in finding the problem to get it change.

Please someone on here can help me out, Cheers.

Could be a number of things. My first guess would be a top mount or a drop link bar. The drop link bar is the vertical bar that comes down off the strut, give it a wiggle and see if there is any play.

Also worth pointing out that I had a knocking on the front which I thought was a top mount. I was upgrading to a developmemt BC Racing kit at the time, fitted the rears first and the knocking noise at the front disappeared which was very strange.

I had it serviced the other day and the only thing that had some play in was the stearing rack joint arm which like at exteion on the track rod end. Which is the easiest and cheaper opiton to sort then as I have already spent £60 on that arm and its now sounds worse than it did.