kn00b

The other day i conversed(electronically) with a man by the name of Michael Cracknell who informed me that clio197.net is indeed also a good place for people that drive clio 200s.
Some time i am soon going to be collecting my new 200 so i thought that i'd pop on here and see what it was all aboot.

I would ideally like to find a guide on changing the front mids and tweeters in a 197/200 but there doesn't appear to be one on here yet :glare:

Anyway, hi!

I had to stop and think who this was then lol.

Shed Motorsports finest Admin person - Alex (not he Alex that has helped me do bits on here, someone else lol!)

:welcome: :smile:

Do you have anyfriends who ain't called alex mike ?

Lmao

welcome btw . Feel free to get inthe Germany bus ....

Do you have anyfriends who ain't called alex mike ?

Lmao

welcome btw . Feel free to get inthe Germany bus ....

He goes to Germany so many times ayear you wouldn't believe it!

I think he is coming actually, but he still isn't sure - he is very lastminute.com

Hey Mike!

Will have to pop over for a cleaning whore session soon :wink:

Edit: As far as the 'ring goes, i'm working 6 and 7 day weeks for the whole of june, july and part of august :worried: Because we have loads on at work then, all good as it means that i can afford the ring trackday in august and a trip in sept/oct too!

Who knows, i might fly out there though in June/July, arrive late night, do a day then fly back that night :smiley:

Welcome to the site alex.
200/197 are basically the same car anyways.
Door speakers are piece of cake to change, grills just pop off and wire addapters can be bought off eBay.
Tweeter grills are a pain to get off without breaking.

Cheers Jase, i was looking at the pioneer renault speakers that should in theory plug straight in, not really up to my usual standards but they will do until i get peed off with the standard HU. Cheers for clearing that up. Presumably i can just buy new tweeter grilles from the parts department, hopefully not a whole dash...

Cheers for the welcomes guys!

Yeh you can just buy the tweeter grills but the are soething like £25 each .
Not sure but you aybe able to get to the passenger side tweeter if you remove the glove box(10 min job to get out) at least that way you should get at least 1 out in one piece.

Gotta love renault and their ludicrous prices for small plastic items :smiley:

Will give it a go getting them off by hand! Otherwise i'll abuse the local parts guy and get him to do me cost price on some new grilles lol

I presume that it's as with the 182, you just rotate the grilles and lift off?!

Will see when the car eventually arrives!

Cheers chappo.

BTW my clio order now stands at: 200 cup, RB, Black speedlines, GT spoiler & recaros

the tweeter grills am like £45 a piece, i changed mine to the pioneer replacement, a lil more bass than standard, i changed the backs with some pioneer coxials in a yellow colour to match the fronts