197: Keyless start / Renault Card

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
Ok hopefully someone can help me here.

I have a Renault card/keyless start in my 197 and I'm just wonder what happens if by chance you leave the car running and get out with the card in your pocket, then someone else jumps in and tries to drive off in the car??

Will the system automatically shut down after a certain distance/length of time?

Thanks in advance,
John

I wondered this too but I reckon Car keeps going until it's switched off. I'm pretty sure of that.

Keeps going, if you want to turn it off you have to double tap start/stop.

If you stall it I THINK you get a few seconds to start it without needing a key but not 100% sure on that.

Keeps going, if you want to turn it off you have to double tap start/stop.

If you stall it I THINK you get a few seconds to start it without needing a key but not 100% sure on that.

Ummm pretty poor anti theft system then :s

Ummm pretty poor anti theft system then :s

Yeah I guess it's about as useful as leaving the keys in a normal car. Engine running = not insured, unless you get car jacked. Best not to leave the engine on when you're not in it even though lots of people do this when it's cold in the morning.

This information changes how I will leave my car!!! Haha.

I assumed it would shut off if it started moving with no key card detected. Now I know!

Yeah you have to double press the button, it says some thing along the lines of, card not detected press stop again to switch off

also if its running and you get out and the card goes out of detection range it bleeps and shows on the dash :001_huh: