Keyless entry and lock

Like most owners of FF 197's i never need to use the key card to open, start or lock my 197 but recently the button on the handle hasn't been locking the car. Doesn't seeem to be any sort of pattern as to when it works and when it doesn't...

Could it just be a loose connection on the back of the switch?

There is a very recent thread about this somewhere can't search as on phone but have a quick look mate

Hth

I have had exactly the same problem, like yours it started to play up occasionally and then stopped working all together. Another member had the same issue and had a new handle put on by Renault which cured the problem. As both my drivers and passanger side have packed in I don't fancy a trip to Renault for them to replace them, I'm gonna check for loose connections too. Don't know if it would effect it but would high pressure water from a jet wash make it's way to the keyless sensor connections behind the handle causing a fault??

Cheers, i'll have a serch.

I do use a high pressure washer to clean the car so guess water could have got in there :blush:hmy:

Same here, it just strange as the rear centre badge button is the only one which still works and is rubber which would give a better waterproof seal unlike the sensors which are behind the handle and are just a plastic square flush with the door where water could get in?

Not seen where the connections are on the sensors so don't know if water could reach them, just an idea.....

Had a look at mine this weekend as mine have stopped alltogather now too.
Took the connection apart and cleaned them.
Bad news is they still don't work. :worried:
couldn't work out how the handles come off.

New Handel as per the other thread the lock button on either handle is stuck in slightly or broke therefor still emmiting the LOCK command thus the other Handel won't work so sorry but needs a new Handel if both ain't working then it's not neccercarly them both not working it's probally one emitting the lock signal

The problem is finding which one right or left good luck

I just for both replaced under warenty for the same reason

Had a look at mine this weekend as mine have stopped alltogather now too.
Took the connection apart and cleaned them.
Bad news is they still don't work. :worried:
couldn't work out how the handles come off.

i have a pdf file for it - email me if you want it

I have this intermittent problem and Im sure some of it is to do with locking it with the keycard. Iv not been out and tested it but it seems like when I use the keycard to lock the car I cant unlock it by using the buttons - has to be the keycard again, when I come to park up and lock using the door or boot it works fine the next time! I dont know if this is the exact same problem everyone else is having but it might be worth a try!?

in my case neither handle works if you electrically disconnect one side and retry the remaining handle
will the system work therefore so you will then know which side is the culprit (or knowing my luck it will be both)

does anyone know if this theory will work or will it disable the whole system?

Kinda ;/ for asking this but how do you unlock the steering so you can turn it left/right without starting the engine? Didn't want to open a new thread for this but can't find a "how to" in my book and really don't know how to do this :rain:

Like most owners of FF 197's i never need to use the key card to open, start or lock my 197 but recently the button on the handle hasn't been locking the car. Doesn't seeem to be any sort of pattern as to when it works and when it doesn't...

Could it just be a loose connection on the back of the switch?

Mine has started doing the same so i have gone for the cheapest option and brought two batteries (CR2025) fitted them in and it seems to be ok , but only time will tell