Just picked up the 197........

A2ON

Platinum Member
Right guys you'll have to excuse any mistake I'm writting all this on an iPhone !

Today at about 12.00am I got a call from Renault saying my car was ready to be collected, within seconds I was up and at the door and on my way to my local dealers to go and pick here up it's been a long two weeks of waiting ....

I was so excited to go and get it the daily commute to work was becoming so mundane and the fact I had spent an hour on the phone to thE one and only owner before me and he had reasured me of the history of the car the fact it had been well looked after loved in fact and only tracked once and only ever revived main dealer attention.

I was buzzin I arrived dumped my diesle mondeo in the nearest avalanle parking space and power walked into the dealers.

Then I saw it I had alsways loved the look of the car one of th main reasons I brought it was the fact it was so clean not a mark on it in fact. But my god who ever there valeter is deserves some credit the car looked amazing like a brand new car. Post haste I did the paper work payed and. Was off I sat outside for a few mins 5 or so while she warmed up then slowly and proudly toodled off no e and slow so sh could co tiniest getting warm.

After I'd say about 15 mi s of driving I arived at my mates house to show her off I left it running he upped in thnpassenger seat and we went out. He whole reason for this post is not so u all know what I did day but it's for people like me who were considering buying other cars minis s audis etc etc drien them all but so e how keep getting drawn back to the thugish wide arched hot hatch from the moment I left my friend house the clip made us both smile it was fast handeled really well sounded good and aS a joy to drive . It made me feel 5 fo the first time in a good few years I just drove and drove and drove I did not car whereni was going all I cared about is that I did kot run out Of fuel !lol

I love my Clio looks sound power everything . Even until today I was unsure if I had done the right thing but now I feel silly for even co sidering the german rivals ....

I have no idea what the future holds for me and my little Clio but I'm sure it will be a match made in heaven if it keeps making me feel lik a 5 year old rebal with a licnce.

I look forward to becoming a more involved member of this forum and meeting some of u at shows etc. I will get some more pics up tomorow if I can

Sorry if I have board u all lol comments welcome

spec
Racing blue
yellow brembos
White wheels
brand new front discs and pads
full years mot
services yesterday
climate control
air con
tinted rear windows

Also got an ITG coming , some 6k hids and led side lights from kev ohh and a 197.net tshirts lol

will be driving from Norfolk to Dorset soon to get a k tr pro exhaust fitted as I don't trust anyone else to do it.:smile:

Nice story :smile:

And lol at the iPhone fail, mine makes me sound like a blithering idiot too with its over compensating prediction text :smiley:

looks nice, never seen yellow brembos with white wheels but suits it very well.

welcome to the site and enjoy the car!

will be driving from Norfolk to Dorset soon to get a k tr pro exhaust fitted as I don't trust anyone else to do it.:smile:

Glad you are enjoying it, but any exhaust place would be able to fit it.

Great little read that mate! I think its how all of us felt on that very special day! I know I did!!! The car looks superb, certainly a little bit different but still great. RB and white alloys are a brilliant combo!

Glad you are enjoying it, but any exhaust place would be able to fit it.

Really I have hurd that if not fitted they will knock etc ktr said to fit one a garage would have needed to have fitted one before. ? I just want it to be right .

Thanks for all the great comments guys really welcoming , one note these cars get dirty fast the back is black already !!! As for the wheels well they don't stay White for very long . Gland u guys like whitening was thinking about some black pro race 1.2's I may re think now .....

Similar Thread Suggestions