Picked 197 up today!

ashtons99

Gold Member
Well following on from my bit in the newbie section I thought I would branch out into the forum!

I picked the car up from the dealer today..........or should I say my wife did as she insisted on driving it first!! Thankfully she loved driving it. I thought the Eibachs, lowering and Speedline 18s might result in her grumbling about the ride quality but no, she said it drove really nicely........phew!

Anyway Ive done the usual bit of getting familiar with the car, we went out to the filling station (I understand you get even more familiar with these places) and whilst going out of the estate found a strange light coming on to the left and right as the car turned. It appears I have cornering lights. Ive had them on a previous car but they only activated with the indicator on. Oh well I guess thats how they should be.

I then found various other things I didnt know it had, a switch which folds the mirrors, a button on the end of the stalk which sets the headlights to operate automatically, a button on the tailgate in the middle of the renault badge which locks the car on the proximity card.

Anyway thats it for now until I give it a closer inspection with a bottle of autoglym.

The only fault I can find is a bit of wind noise at my right ear at 70mph. Its not the little rubber seals attached to the rear window as the dealer replaced them both for me before I picked it up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome to the club :smile:

Looks like you have plenty of toys on your car. I also get wind noise and have replaced the rubbers in front of the rear side window. I think the technical term for this is 'character'!!!!

Always nice to find a new car has extras you didnt realise it had lol.

Anyhoo! Now you gotta stick some pics up.

Having only recently got my first 197 I know how you are feeling about it!

It gets better trust me!

Have you discovered the 6CD player yet? I was so happy when I first found that out lol

makes me look forward to picking mine up even more :smiley: barely even looked at the car before i sign the papers so no doubt ill be in for a few suprises haha

Similar Thread Suggestions