Just a little more power please...

What cat did you use at my car has the toyosports manifold and ive bought the oreca system for it but not fitted it yet. Thanks.

Not that it'll help much as pretty much my whole setup is now customised, but I used a 182 Milltek cat, 3 reasons. 1) the exiting pipe work installs perfectly into the flared collector of the supersprint system - so that part was simply welded further down to accomodate the cat. 2) it uses a HJS HD core (HJS are the best cats to use) and 3) I converted to a sprung system rather than have a flexi, so I used a genuine 182 renault spring kit so having the appropriate front section on the cat to fit the donut saved alot of faff. The front pipe does need cutting of and welding flush though as a 182 has the cat at a slight angle vs straight on a 200.

10420160_10152870737054644_3415038112451668942_n.jpg

If I was about to go and tune the Clio all over again I would do the following things and in this way:

1. Matched & polished inlets
2. Clio V6 Ph2 airbox & high flow panel filter (do not use KTR, go for Green or K&N)
3. Exhaust (Akrapovič or KTR Performance if you want to spend less and you don't mind the noise) with the decat (the famous "flat spot" that you have with the decat would be compensated with the matched inlets, and on the higher revs when you need the power - you would get it
4. Remap (PaulRS)

And that's all I would go for at the moment.

Forget about the cams - too much trouble, too expensive for a little gain (I actually lost power but I think that has to do something with the tuning experts that were "playing" with the cams & remap).

How much does it cost to get matched and polished inlets? And what does it actually do? Probs sounds stupid

just put your foot down quicker jordan, no befit to BHP I think it was proven on a roller... and you should do the throttle body too as if the air cant get in quicker there is no point doing the inlet.

I think it just improves throttle response.

just put your foot down quicker jordan, no befit to BHP I think it was proven on a roller... and you should do the throttle body too as if the air cant get in quicker there is no point doing the inlet.

I think it just improves throttle response.
You are wrong...I'm talking about PORTED & matched inlets.

They didn't give me much in peak power but in the rest of the powerband was better.

Clio-197---DASTEK---prije-i-poslije-usisnih_power.jpg

Clio-197---DASTEK---prije-i-poslije-usisnih_power.jpg

And it made difference on the road.

I've got 2 lengths of a car.

I have a 64mm TB and I would only recommend doing it if you have nothing else to do with the intake. I've noticed the difference (throttle response) only in the first couple of days (probably ECU compensated for the extra air) and afterwards it felt like before.

Last edited:
If you guys want better throttle response and you have already a modified intake like (V6 or R3) and don't mind a bit more vibrations on idle - go for the lightweight crank pulley that my friend makes. It made such difference on my already modified Clio that I had to sell the Sprint booster. :smiley:

OEM:

OEMremenicaradiliceClio197.gif

2014-11-05080121.gif

I saw those, I think personally I would rather have a steel flywheel to save rotational mass and retain the OE pulley, which is damped is it not?

Same here, I've seen reports stating that vibrations can't do any good on the crank bearings in the long run..