Joe's LY Clio 200

Hi mate. How did you get the rear RS badge off?
I got some tooth floss and gently flossed behind the RS badge, but as close to the badge as possible to stop any scratches on the paint work, then used some white spirits on a cloth to wipe off the sticky residue left behind. Then next time I washed the car I polished that section more thorough to get rid of any outlines.

20210412_222646.jpg
So yeah, this is happening, going full decat. System will be = toyo manifold, scorpion non res backbox with a scorpion decat.

Going back up to Andy at Engine Dynamics on the 11th of May to get it mapped again. He may add some overrun pops and crackles, very marmite I know but I'm going for it. The car is plenty loud enough already but f*ck it.

Will I see a big change in the noise & is anyone running a similar set up and can shed some light?

Since the car is mapped already, when I get the decat fitted, will it just run like crap?

Last edited:
Are you going to install a way to slip in the cat each year for the MOT?
Haven't got that far unfortunately mate, MOT is end of September so still got time to think. Swap it out every MOT using the car lift in the garage or find a friendly MOT tester are the options. The Mother is not happy at all though with this modification...

• Haha
Reactions: Joec1996
You'll probably be alright, but yeah it's going to drone fairly badly. I think you'll be lucky to pass noise tests too if you decide to go on a track day!
Not sure if I'm being stupid but a noise test? At a track day? They have restrictions on noise even though most cars there will have aftermarket exhausts?

She will be able to hear you when you come home without having to see you.
She can already! I am worried about complaints from neighbours however. Its a small private road, nothing too fancy, so most are elderly couples with a few families further down. Don't want them making a fuss.

Not sure if I'm being stupid but a noise test? At a track day? They have restrictions on noise even though most cars there will have aftermarket exhausts?

She can already! I am worried about complaints from neighbours however. Its a small private road, nothing too fancy, so most are elderly couples with a few families further down. Don't want them making a fuss.
Yep, you've got static and drive by limits. Some are very strict on them too!

Reactions: joehodges154

If you're worried about noise complaints, worried about emissions for MOTs and you will fail sound tests at track days, why bother? Your gains from a decat is zero (maybe 3-4bhp with a map), is it worth it?
:200T:

If you're worried about noise complaints, worried about emissions for MOTs and you will fail sound tests at track days, why bother? Your gains from a decat is zero (maybe 3-4bhp with a map), is it worth it?
:200T:
For dem pops n bangs innit! Car should pass it’s emissions with the mani cat left in!
However MOT discretion for noticing that it should have 2 cats not one

For dem pops n bangs innit! Car should pass it’s emissions with the mani cat left in!
However MOT discretion for noticing that it should have 2 cats not one

Yep why I said it, as he has a Toyo, soon to be a decat to secondary too....it won't pass emissions unless it's a "friendly MOT" but most are getting a lot stricter due to them doing spot checks on cars leaving garages / "secret shoppers" bringing in their cars undercover.

It's not worth it, keep the cat in, the pros outweigh the cons for keeping the cat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beany
Yep why I said it, as he has a Toyo, soon to be a decat to secondary too....it won't pass emissions unless it's a "friendly MOT" but most are getting a lot strict due to them doing spot checks on cars leaving garages / "secret shoppers" bringing in their cars undercover.

It's not worth it, keep the cat in, the pros outweigh the cons for keeping the cat.
Yeah I’d agree to leaving a cat, both is off extreme! Not just for emissions or mot but the noise, it’s almost a straight back exhaust...

give it a week before searching for a res-centre

Reactions: suj
I got some tooth floss and gently flossed behind the RS badge, but as close to the badge as possible to stop any scratches on the paint work, then used some white spirits on a cloth to wipe off the sticky residue left behind. Then next time I washed the car I polished that section more thorough to get rid of any outlines.
Thanks mate will give that a go.

Reactions: joehodges154
Manifold made quite a big difference in terms of noise on my car. I had a dummy cat in place of where the secondary one went with my Oreca & it was far far too loud. So I put a secondary cat back in which might be an option for you too

Manifold certainly made mine rev out nicer, I think the stock ones are meant to be quite restrictive.

Should hopefully still pass emissions on a secondary cat too. And if you don't have your old one you can pick them up cheap

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

@suj @Beany @Addison Haven't been active recently, sorry.

The cons massively outweigh the pros. I am not going to lie but, as Beany said, I want dem pops and bangs innit! :oops:

I've come to the decision I'll just swap the cat in and out for every MOT. If I have a specific overrun bang map, will this effect the cat during the MOT?

• Haha
Reactions: Beany and Addison

Similar Thread Suggestions