Japan - Earthquake/Tsunami

http://news.sky.com/skynews/

sounds bad!

Japan: 200,000 Evacuated From Near Reactors
More than 200,000 people are evacuated from near two Japanese nuclear power stations as fear spreads of radiation exposure.

issued two warnings over two nuclear reactors in number 1 are fecked!!

As it's sky news, it will be blown grossly out of proportion...wonder what the actual figure is. Its awful though.

i think the death toll will pass the 50k mark. Just saw the news a few minutes ago that confirmed the 2nd nuclear facility has lost the cooling to reactor 3 and 170k will have to be evacuated from the surrounding area. Not looking good.

Earthquake, tsunami and nuclear meltdown. Anyone one of these would be aweful, but all 3 at the same time??? not even funny.

I was late setting off for work on Friday morning because I just couldn't take my eyes off of the news, it was horrific to watch it all unfold.

The strength of this planet is amazing, so self destructive but so awe inspiring at the same time!

I hope that they can start to get back to some sense of normality fairly soon but it does look like a few of the coastal towns have been completely wiped off of the map by the Tsunami and will need completely rebuilding. One of their major problems is getting the infrastructure restored so that they can get the aid to where it is needed by the looks of it.

They mentioned on the BBC this morning that one of the three missing trains is a Bullet train as well with many of the coastal lines missing completely, I think it will take them a while to pull through unfortunately, but they're not the type of country to give in to mother nature!

i love the strength and power of nature, it's emmense!!

there's a storm on jupiter which has been ongoing for 400 years and is 3 x the size of earth, lol.

i love the strength and power of nature, it's emmense!!

there's a storm on jupiter which has been ongoing for 400 years and is 3 x the size of earth, lol.

The great red spot :smile:

TV Channel Eden is having an "Earth Day" today too, all programs about the earth, volcanoes, earthquakes etc etc!

Did anyone see the Tonight programme that has just been on? I found it really interesting to see about the building design that prevented the same thing happening in Tokyo as Christchurch. It still gives me goosebumps watching the images of the tsunami sweeping in and destroying everything in it's path, but, there was a clip of the international rescue team pulling a car up out of what has pretty much become a swamp and you could see a hand through the window. That truely gave me chills!

Similar Thread Suggestions