197: It's time to sell up I suppose..

So after over 3 years of fantastic ownership and smiles it's time to sell my pride and joy.

The R27 is my second Clio (first being a Campus Sport) and i'm looking to move forward to something bigger. I have thought about it for a few years now but the Clio is definitely up for sale now. Private plate is off etc.

It will be sad if I get it sold as it's been with me for so long without any issues and is the best handling car I have ever driven! It will also will be weird coming onto this site knowing I don't own one now but I will always stick around as i'v been here since the start of the first clio197.net and it is the best forum I have ever been on!

Just thought i'd spill my latest news :smile:

It'll be a shame that your losing the Clio mate, but at least were not loosing you. Its nice to hear that members stick around even after they've let the Clio go. Personally I always think it makes a forum stronger to have a bit of a mix of cars anyway :smile:

It'll be a shame that your losing the Clio mate, but at least were not loosing you. Its nice to hear that members stick around even after they've let the Clio go. Personally I always think it makes a forum stronger to have a bit of a mix of cars anyway :smile:

Thanks mate, I have just thought long and hard about it (i'm speaking about 18 months at least) and it will be for the better for me. Also who ever gets my car gets an immaculate car! :smile:

But I totally agree, People who stay even though they have moved on definitely makes a forum stronger. I don't think I could ever leave the forum tbh, I'm not as active as I used to be but I still browse and it's still my 'home' forum.

You been friends with Mike to long lol.At the end of the day it's only a tool for using and things change.Glad to hear your sticking around though:hug1:

You been friends with Mike to long lol.At the end of the day it's only a tool for using and things change.Glad to hear your sticking around though:hug1:

Exactly Roy, it has got to a point where I want something a bit bigger and not as track prepped as the Clio (even though mines has never met a track). :smile:

But how could I leave a site that cracks jokes about an old guy with a Renault Sport wheel chair? :wink:

Staying on 197.net is the way forward for non Clio owners! Lol! I agree what you say about this being the best forum.

Shame to hear you're leaving the Clio fold, but glad to hear you'll be staying on here. :smile:

You'll regret it at some point but you've got to move on to see what its like. You might find yourself back in one in a couple of years when theyre a bit cheaper second hand.

Thanks mate, I have just thought long and hard about it (i'm speaking about 18 months at least) and it will be for the better for me. Also who ever gets my car gets an immaculate car! :smile:

But I totally agree, People who stay even though they have moved on definitely makes a forum stronger. I don't think I could ever leave the forum tbh, I'm not as active as I used to be but I still browse and it's still my 'home' forum.

Ive also been here since the first forum, was it 197.net or something then Jase started this. Cant quite remember now, but I enjoy coming on here and seeing whats happening.

You'll regret it at some point but you've got to move on to see what its like. You might find yourself back in one in a couple of years when theyre a bit cheaper second hand.

Ive also been here since the first forum, was it 197.net or something then Jase started this. Cant quite remember now, but I enjoy coming on here and seeing whats happening.

I'll definitely consider one in the future again :smile:

Yeah there was clio197.com if i remember correctly then Jase started this one and it went down for a little while then had to start all over again. Definitely a great site.

Glad your sticking around.

Thanks mate :smile:

Well that's my private plates offically off the car now, back on with the originals, it's up for sale locally and a few online so just a waiting game now :smile: