Itg maxogen proven gains/losses?

Yes I know the very words 'induction kit' will switch most people off instantly when I comes to improving the 197s intake. There's been lots of recorded and proven losses with almost every induction kit out there fitted to the Clio.

However I've never seen, or heard experiences of, people using the maxogen kit? Ktec state +5bhp gains. Can anyone prove them wrong?

well was thinking of getting the ITG maxogen but there was not a lot of feedback on them and would liked to of seen one in the flesh so got a ITG pannel filter,lot cheaper!5bhp gain is a lot for the kit alone,may be with a map k-tec got them gains?think henderson has one on his 197.

yeah i'm running a maxogen mate,coupled with a ktec exhaust,decat and remap,never got the car dyno'd after fitting filter so don't no its individual gain but with the exhaust on its now running 205bhp,the car is very quick,especially in cold weather it pulls like crazy,i left the cold air feed on from the front grille and extended it with a 50mm hose round the back of the battery down to the inner wing then back up the maxogen feed so at speed its getting seriously cold air,it sounded awesome when i first put it on but now i cant hear it so much for the exhaust,i'd defo advise buying one

yr not wrong mate,the lad who live mapped my car really knows his stuff as well i must say,think alot of people have not had an experience with induction kits,think they've just heard of someones bad results with a crappy system and seen the £300 price tag and thought the worst

yeah i'm running a maxogen mate,coupled with a ktec exhaust,decat and remap,never got the car dyno'd after fitting filter so don't no its individual gain but with the exhaust on its now running 205bhp,the car is very quick,especially in cold weather it pulls like crazy,i left the cold air feed on from the front grille and extended it with a 50mm hose round the back of the battery down to the inner wing then back up the maxogen feed so at speed its getting seriously cold air,it sounded awesome when i first put it on but now i cant hear it so much for the exhaust,i'd defo advise buying one
bet it sounds a right beast!!:thumbup:

i agree kevo but coupled with a live map,exhaust and decat it obviously makes gains and sounds stunning,never had so many compliments on how my car sounds,non of which where off my neighbours i might add!!!!!

I had one on my 182 and it was pants, paid over £300 for it iirc too. Was on all of a week as it made the car less responsive and drank fuel.

I got 5bhp with the V6 airbox (had 190bhp with remap & Miltek) and after the V6 airbox (didn't had the car remapped again) - I had 195bhp.

On the same dyno (MAHA3000).

Not being funny but how can you get gains from an air box with a smaller inlet than the outlet to throttle body, there crap and a waste of money, even my local tuner told me not to bother. The only one with any gain would be the clio v6 airbox

Thought you was gettin rid of your clio, have you thought of espace v6 airbox similar to the jms setup, that should fit lovely behind the battery

I doubt aswel youve got 205bhp from them mods (over reading rollers like most out there) probably lost a few horses fitting the that airbox, was told youve wont get past 200bhp on standard cams (matt at tdf)

the smaller inlet comes after a larger induction hose and is there to speed the air flow up before it enters the filter,and as i said in a previous post i'm still using the front grille intake with an extended hose so double wammy,everyones always going to have different opinions but it works for me and works well

You mean the so called venturi effect, its a gimic mate, ive looked at all kinds of extraction and filtration at work, you reduce the diameter at any of the end, it will on flow as much air as the smaller intake will let it, and ive actually seen this in person, and if i was you i wouldnt take your readings on one rollers, i would take it to another rolling road + rollers are only good for comparison. i think theyve over read or reafings abit

u could be right but the difference in my before and after run figures show the cars made 14bhp after fitting mods and map so i've got to be happy with that whatever my final bhp figure is,i'll get it on another set of rollers asap and let u know the results

u could be right but the difference in my before and after run figures show the cars made 14bhp after fitting mods and map so i've got to be happy with that whatever my final bhp figure is,i'll get it on another set of rollers asap and let u know the results

Dont know where abouts you live but if your within a few hours drive its worth getting to TDF and getting on their rolling road.