Issues

A tiny bit slower........ 3.5 seconds slower over the 1/4 vs. a stock EP3 :tearsofjoy:

They really aren't quick

Am I supposed to be on here to slate these poor old Clios?
It’s a fact, it handles best of all the hot hatches I’ve ever driven and it’s only a tiny bit slower in a straight line to 60 or a 1/4 mile than a Civic Type R which is an awful car to take around a bend at speed whilst the Clio I’ve got handles like it’s on rails.

I’ve driven 106, 206 GTI’s Saxo VTS, Vauxhall Astra Turbo (can’t remember the model), Civic Type R, Fiat Punto GT… all of them are nowhere near as good overall as this Clio 197RS. There’s nothing to hate about this car!
Was it a 206 GTI180 by any chance?

Ah ok. Would have been interested to know how the two compared.

Peugoets in those days were far worse than today - awful build quality and Citroens were Peugeots that rattled even more… the latest Peugeot I’ve driven is the new 208 which is pretty decent. I hired a top spec one which even had a ‘sports mode’ which just made fake growling engine noises from within…if they made a GTI version of that and did it properly, it’s got a decent enough chassis and feel to it and would probably be quite good. Having said that, throwing a low powered car around doesn’t really prove it would be any good if it was souped up.

I have to say this 197 RS is the best road holding ‘hot hatch’ I’ve ever driven by quite a long way!