Issues

Yeah but I bought it for £3K after knocking it down from £3750… plus I spent about £500 fixing various things. I know I paid too much but the handling is what made me buy it.

Can’t really fault them for offering that. They’re a business at the end of the day focussing on the part of the market who value convenience more than money.

With all due respect, it sounds like you either bought a lemon or bought it without fully researching how these cars like to bankrupt their owners.

You’d get more than £1700 if you broke it for parts.

Can’t really fault them for offering that. They’re a business at the end of the day focussing on the part of the market who value convenience more than money.

With all due respect, it sounds like you either bought a lemon or bought it without fully researching how these cars like to bankrupt their owners.

You’d get more than £1700 if you broke it for parts.
I don’t doubt.I would get more than that for parts.. but I just can’t be bothered. If anyone wants it, come and get it.

If that's it in your forum picture then it's a Clio 200 non cup it has silver calipers and auto Rain/Light sensor on the windscreen

Finally got a decent run out of it last night from a set of lights going onto a dual carriageway… only went up to half way through 3rd but nice quick shift changes with no issues and it felt very quick… probably wouldn’t have done if I’d had a Tesla beside me - it was only a big black Merc whose driver looked rather shocked.

Too big to be a 1.6.. he was slightly ahead the first second or so - then was put away.

I can’t believe my old Civic Type R would have supposedly beaten this Clio. Would it??

Well given the Clios are slow as shit, I’m pretty certain any type R would see it off in a straight line.

I don’t agree that Clios are that slow, but their best attribute is their handling in the 197RS’s case. Best FWD car I’ve ever driven and I’ve had some quick ones. Didn’t trust the Type R round any bends…

Am I supposed to be on here to slate these poor old Clios?
It’s a fact, it handles best of all the hot hatches I’ve ever driven and it’s only a tiny bit slower in a straight line to 60 or a 1/4 mile than a Civic Type R which is an awful car to take around a bend at speed whilst the Clio I’ve got handles like it’s on rails.

I’ve driven 106, 206 GTI’s Saxo VTS, Vauxhall Astra Turbo (can’t remember the model), Civic Type R, Fiat Punto GT… all of them are nowhere near as good overall as this Clio 197RS. There’s nothing to hate about this car!