Electric windows issues

av4625

Paid Member
A while back I started having issues with the electric windows on my Clio.

When I press and hold the down button, the window goes down an inch or two then stops. If I release the button and press and hold again, the same happens. This happens all the way down and all the way back up. Quite frustrating. The very odd time it does work as expected, but not often.

Anyone seen this before and have a fix?

Try putting the window all the way down then holding the button for 10 seconds (I think it's 10 anyway). Then put the window all the way up and hold for 10 seconds. Try that a few times, and if that doesn't work lube the mechanism and/or the rubbers which run along the bottom of the window frame.

Reactions: av4625
Try putting the window all the way down then holding the button for 10 seconds (I think it's 10 anyway). Then put the window all the way up and hold for 10 seconds. Try that a few times, and if that doesn't work lube the mechanism and/or the rubbers which run along the bottom of the window frame.
This reset works, but if I disconnect the battery and reconnect would you expect me to need to do it again?

I should have mentioned it is a track car with a small battery and kill switch, when its not being used I use the kill switch to disconnect the battery, then I need to do the reset sequence again after connecting.

I have been disconnecting the battery for quite some time, but only recently noticing the weird window thing.