Is this the cambelt / dephaser / aux belt kit to buy ?

I'd buy from them no problem. That's actually very well priced.

ETA: Don't forget you'll need some coolant too unless the garage will be supplying it

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'd buy from them no problem. That's actually very well priced.

ETA: Don't forget you'll need some coolant too unless the garage will be supplying it

Im booked in to get it done...just need the parts. Cheers for heads up on coolant....i'm sure they can handle that !

Too late. Ordered and done. Interesting the kit is more expensive on their website (Plus postage) than it is on ebay with free next day post !

*** Randomly had a £5 discount appear on ebay / Paypal which was strange. That will help the bill no end :smile:

ALS Performance is great I bought my full kit from him all genuine parts and all good. They are more than capable of fitting it as for me I'm in Northern Ireland so a £150 ferry crossing and 200 miles was out of the question so I got a senior Renault Tech do it for me and bought a full dealer timing tool kit so he had no worries. They are just off junction 44 M6 Carisle and have clean modern workshop where are you getting your belts done at? make sure they have the tools and know what they are doing and yes you will need the Renault type D coolant as well for the job. ALS had to fix a car that had the timing out due to a poor timing belt change and the engine was running poorly.

ALS Performance is great I bought my full kit from him all genuine parts and all good. They are more than capable of fitting it as for me I'm in Northern Ireland so a £150 ferry crossing and 200 miles was out of the question so I got a senior Renault Tech do it for me and bought a full dealer timing tool kit so he had no worries. They are just off junction 44 M6 Carisle and have clean modern workshop where are you getting your belts done at? make sure they have the tools and know what they are doing and yes you will need the Renault type D coolant as well for the job. ALS had to fix a car that had the timing out due to a poor timing belt change and the engine was running poorly.

My garage has done loads of Clio's and is all clued up. Been using them for 20 years and trust implicitly. I've even got the main Clio man doing it for me......

Thanks for the heads up though.

Then no problem your good to go. Just you hear all over the forum timing belt jobs going wrong its the only part of the car I personally worry about.

+1 I can vouch for ALS Performance. I bought that kit from them and drove about 2 hours for them to fit it. The kit is all genuine Renault parts too, the guy who runs ALS said they are a UK dealer for Renault and Renault Sport so they get quite a good price on most parts.

+1 I can vouch for ALS Performance. I bought that kit from them and drove about 2 hours for them to fit it. The kit is all genuine Renault parts too, the guy who runs ALS said they are a UK dealer for Renault and Renault Sport so they get quite a good price on most parts.

Good to hear Matt.

Little surprised with a £280 order i didn't hear a single thing from them Friday (After ordering Thurs night) and i asked a question on the Paypal notes too. I realise im not their only customer; but they choose to be in the business of selling !

Not a thanks, kiss my ass, a despatched note via ebay, no feedback , no tracking number and no answer to my question.

Im positive everything will be absolutely 100%. Courtesy costs nothing though...............

I'd imagine you'd get an update once the order has been processed/dispatched. Could be 101 reasons why they haven't responded to you right away, someone might be off ill for example. It's not a huge operation in terms of man power up there and I'd imagine most of their time is spent in the workshop. That being said they did have a lass on reception when I went up so might be worth giving them a quick call if you need an answer today.

I'd imagine you'd get an update once the order has been processed/dispatched. Could be 101 reasons why they haven't responded to you right away, someone might be off ill for example. It's not a huge operation in terms of man power up there and I'd imagine most of their time is spent in the workshop. That being said they did have a lass on reception when I went up so might be worth giving them a quick call if you need an answer today.

I'm not desperate - and i dont need the parts for a few weeks yet. Just being organised for once !

And i understand all of the above.....my point being they have enough manpower to open the doors in the morning, enough manpower to order the parts, they have a person with enough time to list them on ebay and i'm damned sure they have someone to collect the monies i sent. Shame they dont have anyone to even just acknowledge an order that isn't exactly 'chump change'.

Im not gonna ring - i have no doubt they'll come up trumps early next week. But for want of a better word - i find it quite 'unprofessional'. Even on my ebay / forum sales - all buyers get a 'Thankyou' immediately - along with Tracking numbers / details of when i'll be posting as soon as possible.

Guess im just old skool and this sort of thing doesn't generally happen any more.

Love
Victor Meldrew.

Can't disagree with you on that Shuv, proper customer service seems to be dying out... It's the little things like a personal message of confirmation that improves the whole experience, it just doesn't happen that often though.

Works both ways as well I think - the lady at the supermarket checkout today seemed genuinely surprised that I'd asked how she was and if she was having a good day! Obviously a lot of customers just look through service staff as though they're insignificant...

The parts will come they use DPD I buy a lot of things from eBay and the item dispatched 10 minutes after ordering is a load of crap anyway and its not like you are ordering a iPhone charging lead from Argos. As you say your not in a hurry then relax no wonder you have over 1000 posts but as far as ALS Performance is concerned I would keep words like unprofessional out of the posts if you can please.

I don't think customer service is dying it's just common curtsey that is I don't work in a shop environment but customers tend to be rude and unsatisfiable they have a bad day so they take it out people that have to serve them. Standing in queues people take calls as they are about to or while being served, or this colour of red is too red those kind of people and after you seen a few hundred in a day it would take the shine off anyone but you can have the odd zombie behind the counter at the same time.

As you say your not in a hurry then relax no wonder you have over 1000 posts but as far as ALS Performance is concerned I would keep words like unprofessional out of the posts if you can please.

***"Relax. No wonder you have over 1000 posts"

***"Keep unprofessional out of your posts please"

?????

Thats my experienced opinion borne out of many years of customer service based work (I also owned and ran my own retail shop for 15 years) and i stick by my thoughts and observations.

While many of my posts i hope are humorous, some are posted to add an element of confrontation / discussion and provoke some thought and participation from other members. They are not always my beliefs. But i will never wantonly or undeservingly knock anyone without justification or proof.

This was all the above. And if they don't like my words i suggest they act more efficiently.

Reactions: Sean197
Quite an interesting turn on this thread lol. I do wonder if you would be happy to pay £40-£50 more on the product to get that five star customer service and an instant response? A lot of small business can't afford to have someone man a computer 24/7 to reply to online queries and if they did you would pay more for your goods! That's the way I always look at it. In an ideal world yes they would have someone but this is far from an ideal world.
For me, if I'm getting the product for cheaper than anywhere else can supply it me for then I'm quite happy to overlook a slight delay in correspondence. A lot of the 'thank you for your order' e-mails are pretty much auto generated these days anyway and just spammed to the address you gave when you placed the order once your card details have been accepted. I remember once I had my phone repaired by Carphone warehouse, the closest one to me is about 20miles as I live out in the sticks. I got an e-mail and text message to the loan phone they'd given me saying my phone was ready to collect. So I drove over to collect it... Only it wasn't there, that e-mail and text was generated once the phone had left their central repair center and NOT when it was actually back in the store. Livid was an understatement lol. Actually managed to blag £15 out of them to cover fuel which was something I suppose.

The guy that runs the company has a ***** sick child with many unplanned trips to hospital across to Newcastle at least a couple of hours if not more away he does his best, open and honest and has a lot of motorsport experience and Clio cup racing / rallying. I have no problem with you what so ever you posts are fine and yes humorous but it was unnecessary to put the word unprofessional when talking about his business when he is probably waiting for the parts from Renault before he can send them to you. I joined the forum for info and to help others with what I know, your a moderator (1000 posts) please have some sensitivity for all you know the stuff could be on its way to you and as a moderator people respect your opinions.

Last edited:
Quite an interesting turn on this thread lol. I do wonder if you would be happy to pay £40-£50 more on the product to get that five star customer service and an instant response? A lot of small business can't afford to have someone man a computer 24/7 to reply to online queries and if they did you would pay more for your goods! That's the way I always look at it. In an ideal world yes they would have someone but this is far from an ideal world.
For me, if I'm getting the product for cheaper than anywhere else can supply it me for then I'm quite happy to overlook a slight delay in correspondence. A lot of the 'thank you for your order' e-mails are pretty much auto generated these days anyway and just spammed to the address you gave when you placed the order once your card details have been accepted. I remember once I had my phone repaired by Carphone warehouse, the closest one to me is about 20miles as I live out in the sticks. I got an e-mail and text message to the loan phone they'd given me saying my phone was ready to collect. So I drove over to collect it... Only it wasn't there, that e-mail and text was generated once the phone had left their central repair center and NOT when it was actually back in the store. Livid was an understatement lol. Actually managed to blag £15 out of them to cover fuel which was something I suppose.

BT. Any discussion customer-service related must contain chat about BT. They are now the worst company known to man.

Did i mention how much i dislike BT ? :tonguewink:

***And my initial post ALWAYS referred to are these the 'best' - not the cheapest. That was a secondary requirement..... :smile:

You could have always bought it direct from Renault for double the price lol. No guarantee they would reply to your e-mails though! I've heard their customer service can leave a lot to be desired sometimes.