ipod connection

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Ive got the cabbase 6 disc head unit in my car and im gagging for an ipod connection but cant find anything to fit the unit, ive looked at fm modulators but not sure about them, im sure ive seen somthing on here that you can hard wire a connection on the tuner under the seat?

Ive got the cabbase 6 disc head unit in my car and im gagging for an ipod connection but cant find anything to fit the unit, ive looked at fm modulators but not sure about them, im sure ive seen somthing on here that you can hard wire a connection on the tuner under the seat?
The Ipod adapter that is in the pther thread for £8.50 or something gets connected into the AUX input into the back off your HU. So you would lose the ability to have the 6CD changer!

Ian

ive got an fm modulator wired in and its great.
no loss in quality and it charges the ipod, unlike that aux lead.

ive had a look at that before i dont understand those instructions prob jus me being stupid lol

If you aren't too bothered with keeping the CD changer then you can use a connects2 device that effectively becomes the changer but with masses more tracks and it's all done through the steering wheel controls. Messing about with the i-pod is no less dangerous than using the phone whilst driving.

if you unplug any of the cables im not sure you would even still get radio though.?
as the tuner is in the part under the seat, the bit in the dash is just the actual changer.