iPod connection

Hi I have just bought a Clio 197 F1 in liquid yellow and would love to know how I can connect my iPod to the factory fitted stereo that is in the car to save me changing the cd player so I can listen to my iPod! Any help would be great :smile: thanks Emma

You can buy a cheap lead off ebay that will connect your ipod to the car via the 3.5mm phone socket. It won't let you scroll through tracks or charge the ipod, but at less than £10 I think you can live with it. I do! Lol! Easy to fit too, I pulled the cable through the light hole in the glovebox and it lives in there. Sound is good too cause it's on a cable. There have been a few threads like this in the past, have a search and see what comes up.

Welcome Emma! Prob best to post this question in the interior/audio section...but heres your answer:

If you must keep your factory fitted stereo, check out the renault tunepoint. A small box that plugs into the cd changer slot in the rear of your cd player. It then gives you usb/aux/ipod capabilities. Bear in mind that you wont get any display of track info, so its not the best method.

I have removed my factory stereo and fitted Alpines IDA range headunit that makes browsing the ipod an absolute dream! An adaptor also lets you keep the steering wheel controls, and the sound quality is a massive improvement over the factory stereo, even with the standard speakers.

Get your R27 number down in the register section and some pics if you haven't already!

Welcome to the club!

Antony :headphone:

Ok thanks for that! I have been wondering about whether to change the cd player and what the best option would be! Maybe I will have to look into getting a new cd player and installing that!

Thanks will post some pictures soon!

No probs! If its just ipod you listen to, then look at the ida range from alpine. If its both cd and ipod you want, then look to other alpines and pioneers. (the ida range has the best control over your ipod, but no cd slot)

Ok cool. Think I would still want the option of listening to a cd as well if I wanted so will have a look at what's available!

I have a pioneer cd player & ipod lead with built in bluetooth if your interested. Its in the for sale section. Can fit too if local! :headphone:

Welcome Emma! Prob best to post this question in the interior/audio section...but heres your answer:

If you must keep your factory fitted stereo, check out the renault tunepoint. A small box that plugs into the cd changer slot in the rear of your cd player. It then gives you usb/aux/ipod capabilities. Bear in mind that you wont get any display of track info, so its not the best method.

I have removed my factory stereo and fitted Alpines IDA range headunit that makes browsing the ipod an absolute dream! An adaptor also lets you keep the steering wheel controls, and the sound quality is a massive improvement over the factory stereo, even with the standard speakers.

Get your R27 number down in the register section and some pics if you haven't already!

Welcome to the club!

Antony :headphone:

What does your display show Anthony, does it just show the date / time and temp ??