iOS7

I've updated my iPad 2 to IOS 7. I still do all my updates through iTunes on my iMac so had to download the new version of iTunes before it would prompt me to update to IOS 7. The download took 90 minutes and has just this very second finished installing on the iPad.

First impressions are good tbh. Looks really fresh and its just as simple to use as previous iterations of IOS.

Got a text from O2 today to say my iPhone 5C has arrived for pick up on Friday. Looking forward to get back onto IOS operated iPhone after a disappointing year on Android. IOS 7 has added Androids best feature (Control Centre) so not gonna miss nowt from Android now.

Yeah updated my iPhone 5 earlier which didn't take too long, mrs has tried to do her 4s but just won't start, same story with my iPad 2. Think everyone is going for it at the moment!

I get to where it says-verifying then it says can't install at the minute ???

Am I the only one thinking that the looks of the new iOS are a bit blunt and plain? I mean ok it's a 64bit software but that will only work on 5s, is it really any point in upgrading firmware on 4s or even 5?

Downloaded it last night and I'm very impressed feels like a new phone! It's what the iphone needed.

All done this morning, took just over an hour to do.
everything seems fine so far, just learning the slight alterations to a few bits.

I hade 2 iPads 2 ipods and a phone to do started last night at 8pm finished 11am this morning :smile:

Updated my iPhone this morning couldn't be bothered with the wait! But it's ace! Very impressed by it all! Very refreshing! But it was about time.

I just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS7 and I have to say it looks a bit like my Android HTC from 2-3 years ago, I now have a HTC One x+ which got a minor upgrade recently too and put it even further ahead of Apple IMO. Not overly impressed so far as it still seems a year or two behind. Just my opinion but I use both formats regularly and I much prefer android.

I just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS7 and I have to say it looks a bit like my Android HTC from 2-3 years ago, I now have a HTC One x+ which got a minor upgrade recently too and put it even further ahead of Apple IMO. Not overly impressed so far as it still seems a year or two behind. Just my opinion but I use both formats regularly and I much prefer android.

i use both and have much the same opinion.

this update has childish icons and make it looks basic. Does have a few nice touches tho

Last edited:
I prefer it to the old io6, I agree it is similar to Android, some of the features are the similar like the control centre.

Howd you get ios7 on a 4 mine says its Upto date on iOS 6.1.3

Last edited:
Downloaded it on my ipad3 and not very impressed with it on there, it just isn't as responsive as my iphone 5, somethings
have an ever so slight lag, I'm never a moaner about apple as I like their products but it is irritating me using it, hmm.